Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Mythos Hellenic Lager Beer | Mythos Breweries S.A.

Mythos Hellenic Lager BeerMythos Hellenic Lager Beer

Greece
mythosbrewery.gr

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-31-2002

Sweet and fizzy, little bitterness, bugger me, not good, skunky cat pee. Painful to drink. But a new country for me. I really can't right too much more about it, other than it was awful, very thin, and painful to drink, and its making this character rule pretty darn hard to pass, not good.

1.02/5  rDev -62.1%

Honestly, was not crazy about this beer at all, it reminding me too much of heineken.

1.06/5  rDev -60.6%

Crystal golden clear with a fluffy white head. Aromas where awful! At first your nose is hit by a big shovel of off flavour - glue! Trying to ignore and getting the rest aromas one basically gets aromas of grain and cereal and that is about it. Strongly carbonated with a thin watery texture and nearly no body. Clogging sweetness all over the place and flavours of liquid glue. No finish and totally unpleasant!

1.12/5  rDev -58.4%

Got this bottle from a co worker who was ranting and raving about this beer...we definitely have different tastes in beer, and this is just a nasty brew. Very generic, watery taste..taste like an over produced beer not ranking much higher than a domestic in my book. Never again.

1.25/5  rDev -53.5%

1.28/5  rDev -52.4%

11/23/04- Purchased at Weimax Wine and Liquors in Burlingame, CA

Appearance- Beautiful think frothy wine head. Nice golden color and decent lacing.

Smell- Possibly the worst beer I have ever smelled. I don't think I have ever had a skunked beer as bad as this one. And from reading other reviews, it seems that thins may be it's normal smell and taste. Smells like a skunk died in my kitchen.

Taste- I don't even know why I tasted this. I guess I had to if I wanted to review it. Horrid and udder skunkiness. Tastes like sweet urine and vomit. I guess buried under the stench and bile there is some malt there, but I'm not going to take another sip to find out.

Mouthfeel- The carbonation is fine, but swallowing it is a problem.

Drinkability- I really hope this was just a super bad bottle. This is damn bad. It even leaves a putrid aftertaste. Already have downed two pints of water in the past 15 minutes trying to get it out of my mouth and nasal cavity.

1.3/5  rDev -51.7%

For the first time I cold not finish the beer, horrible taste (for me)

1.45/5  rDev -46.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

This beer was not impressive at all. I had it at a Greek restaurant in Decatur, GA along with lamb. At least the lamb was good. The color is a clear straw yellow with very little carbonation and a very thin head. The smell is very light but sharp and bitter. The taste is also thin with very little flavor and sulfurous overtones. The mouth feel follows the taste – very thin.

1.47/5  rDev -45.4%

There is a reason why for many years I thought I did not like beer; this has the worst qualities of every bad American beer I had tried in my youth.

Its only plus is a red-gold color from an attractively labeled bottle with a unicorn logo. The head is a clear white that sticks around and leaves a bit of lacing. It has a unicorn on it: how bad could it be?

The smell can only be described as somewhere between faint skunk and rotting vegetation.

The taste is initially non-descript with a strange creaminess. A bitter, grassy hops creeps in at the end and sticks on the tongue. The overall impression is something mostly tasteless that becomes increasingly unpleasant.

It has a medium mouthfeel which could be pleasant with only the slightest amount of positive flavor attribute.

It could be drinkable if not for the fact as the beer warms, the aroma comes through in every sip and at least to me was completely unpalatable.

In reinforcing opinions from 3 others I proceeded to dump the remainder of the bottle.

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bottle: Poured a light yellow color lager with a nice foamy white head with better retention then expected. Aroma of skunk is not very surprising considering the green bottle and the distance it traveled. Very little hops are present in this beer with some limited sweet malt. Body is thin with a very watery mouthfeel.

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%

Mythos Hellenic Lager Beer from Mythos Breweries S.A.