Monster Mash | Rocky River Brewing

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Wildman on 03-01-2005

Reviews by ccahoon22:
3.2/5  rDev -20.8%

This beer was advertised as a pumpkin beer but it wasn't like other pumpkin beers I've had. It had a weak taste with hints of light spice and no pumpkin. Tasted more like a lager with some spices and color added. I probably wouldn't drink it again.

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

4.12/5  rDev +2%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

I've only given out all 5's to one other beer and it's my favorite style. This isn't even close to my favorite style but it expressly deserves the perfect score as I have tasted nothing like it, ever!
A dark beige 2 fingered head sat atop a gorgeous amber beauty of ale.
The aroma was outstanding. Filled the air with cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, and all spice. It was if someone had bottled the season.
Taste, to experience the vast array of pumpkin, malt, cinnamon, and ginger was as if the season was liquified in front of me. All the flavors blended outstandingly.
A little slick, but nothing overly oily. Smooth as velvet, it coated the throat and left a happy trail as it went down.
My wife and I bought a growler of this hoping it would last the drive back to Columbus. It did and the ones lucky enough to taste this will swear by it. Some may even not like "beer" per se but when they experianced this they were amazed that such a craft could be made. If I get a chance I will definitely head up for some more.
Outstanding!