Christian Moerlein Lager House Original Golden Helles | Christian Moerlein Brewing Company

Christian Moerlein Lager House Original Golden HellesChristian Moerlein Lager House Original Golden Helles
3.47/5

Christian Moerlein Brewing Company
Ohio, United States
christianmoerlein.com

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Availability: Summer

Added by TheBierBand on 07-21-2008

3.75/5  rDev +8.1%

While I enjoy many of the beers that Moerlein produces, this beer isn't one of them. Perhaps it's because I'm so burned out on any lager style beer. As an American who has been exposed to lagers and variants of lagers as 95% of the beer available for most of my life, I'm sick and tired of the style. If I drink a lager, I want it to offer something new and different from the muck I've been exposed to for most of my life. Many lagers have succeeded in doing this. This lager has not.

It's Okay. As in, it's not a bad beer at all, but you won't be impressed in any special way. This is simply a decent beer compared to most other typical American style lagers. The other offerings from this company are all much better and memorable. This one is really not anything special.

If I didn't know anything about any of the beers this company made and a stranger asked for my recommendation,I'd tell them to try anything except the Helles. All of the beers they make are great except this one.

3.9/5  rDev +12.4%

3.5/5  rDev +0.9%

4.32/5  rDev +24.5%

3.5/5  rDev +0.9%

3.2/5  rDev -7.8%

2.9/5  rDev -16.4%

Christian Moerlein Lager House Original Golden Helles from Christian Moerlein Brewing Company