Borefts Bock 2010 | Brouwerij De Molen

brouwerijdemolen.nl

Style: Bock

Added by 05Harley on 10-13-2010

Reviews by beerenjoyer1:

I acquired this beer at De Bier Koning in Amsterdam.

The appearance of this beer is a medium brownish color with a slight copper tint. The foam is thick but it settles quickly. The beer is slightly hazy during and after the pour. The does not have the carmel scent to it as expected in a bock style beer but rather a slight hoppy scent. The taste is a slight carmel taste but I detected more of a hoppiness in the beginning and the end, with spice and a slight fruit flavor. I did notice that the flavor was crisp and had a slight tartness like a hoppy beer. The mouthfeel leaves you with a grapefruit like after taste but is light and full of flavor but more in a hoppy kind of way. Overall I would have thought that this was a hoppy beer which it does have according to the label. I do like this brew from Brouwerij de Molen but it seems more of a hop beer even though the color is more of a bock style. In any case you will enjoy this beer because the Europeans love to brew all types of beer in all types of ways. Cheers!

3.65/5  rDev -5.9%

Bottled in 2010

Purchased through Cracked Kettle, Netherlands.

Price - $3.82 US

Appearance: Pours a cloudy copper color with a fair amount of head. The suds settle down fairly quickly leaving some lacing on the glass.

Smell: Surprisingly hoppy for the style. A hint of pine and some faint fruitiness.

Taste: WoW. Definitely not what I expected for a bock beer. Flavor is of hops and spices. Very little malt profile.

Mouthfeel: Medium body with a slightly bitter and dry finish.

Drinkability: Definitely drinkable however I'm confused with it being labeled as a bock. In a blind taste test I never would have chosen this as a bock.

Please keep in mind I rated it based on the style of a Bock beer. That being said, to me this beer is a misrepresentation of the traditional bock style.

Borefts Bock 2010 from Brouwerij De Molen