Bard's Gold | Bard's Tale Beer Company

3.25/5  rDev +28%

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%

1.25/5  rDev -50.8%

1.34/5  rDev -47.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

355 ml bottle picked up from the singles bin at the LCBO for $2.00 CDN

Appearance - Clear golden color with slight amount of haze. Less than 1/2 finger of head is poured and dissipates almost instantly. Very little carbonation present.

Smell - Not sure what's going on here. Not pleasant. Sour notes, vegetables maybe. Throw some overripe grapes in for good measure. Slightly medicinal. Maybe apple? Funky, processed smells too. Sometimes not smelling like anything is better than smelling like this.

Taste - Slightly soda-ish quality to this. Funky aftertaste. Medicinal with almost the flavor of bands aids- afterwards. Blech.

Mouthfeel - Thin, watery feeling. I can't say watery tasting since its hard to get that flavor out of your mouth. Dry finish.

Overall - And the winner for the beer I'm least likely to ever drink again is.... this one. Feel bad for those than can't process gluten, but please even if these reviews do not deter you, please only buy a single before committing to a purchase. Review ended with a drain-pour.

2.75/5  rDev +8.3%

3.25/5  rDev +28%

The only reason I gave this a 1 is because they dont allow you to put a negative score in. Quite possibly the worst thing i have ever drank. I would prefer a warm pint of bottom shelf gin then this atrocity. I dont even know how you can call this beer. I read through all these reviews and could not fathom a beer actually tasting that bad. Well I was most defintiely wrong. The taste is still lingering 10 minutes later.

1.75/5  rDev -31.1%

2.25/5  rDev -11.4%

2.25/5  rDev -11.4%

1.06/5  rDev -58.3%

Smells like really bad beer, but at least it smelled like beer. This is it's strong point.

Tastes like adhesive. Really strong aftertaste of synthetic aircraft grade adhesive spray.

My first Gluten free beer. I sure hope there are other options for the gluten free people. I'll try to find a better option and report back.

No further detail.

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%

1.73/5  rDev -31.9%

Appearance - Poured from a bottle into a Duvel tulip glass (I feel like I have now tainted my tulip glass). Yellow, small tint of copper.

Smell - sweet, surghom sugar.

Taste - no flavor whatsoever. Aftertaste of sorghum.

Mouthfeel - so-so.

Overall - I would only recommend this beer to my gravest enemies.

Bard's Gold from Bard's Tale Beer Company