Sexual Chocolate | Foothills Brewing Company - Downtown Brewpub

Liked:
4.13/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,358 |  Reviews: 462

Nearly pitch black pour with caramel brownish head, literally is everything I want and expect out of the ideal stout

Absolute perfection - fives across the board. 'nuff said.

My first ever growler, and what a pleasure it was! Deep black colour that reminds me of midnight mixed with space. It has a nice looking head that hangs around and a wonderful lace. Smells strongly of chocolate (obviously) and to lesser extent coffee. A powerful, and pleasant aroma that makes my mouth watcher for the first taste. The taste is everything I expected, a sweet chocolate with some coffee aftertaste as well, but the sweetness makes this a truly memorable experience. This also may be the best feeling beer I've ever had, in addition to the taste which also certainly up there as well. I still have a hard time believing that this is a 10% RIS, because our friends at Bud Light could use some education as to what true "drinkability" is. This may very well be one of the best beers i've ever had, and I'm already sad that my growler is gone and i'll have to wait to get another

Large props to ahatcher78's LIF for giving me the chance to try this beer.

Wow, I'm not usually one to give into hype, but with this beer it's not hype if it can be backed up. Seriously delicious, the first beer I've had that deserves the complete 5 rating.

Bottle 365/500

Pours a jet black color with tons of tan head, very creamy head with great retention and patchy lacing, held up to the light and couldn't get anything to shine through.

Smell is dark roasted malt with heavy chocolate and coffee undertones.

Taste is incredibly smooth and creamy, can't even tell that it's 10% because of the creaminess, taste is heavy with roasted malt, chocolate and coffee, for some reason it almost tastes like it was bourbon aged slightly as there's some interesting aspects coming out when it's warmed, chocolate obviously takes the cake, mmmm.

Reminds me almost of a milk/sweet stout because it's so drinkable, I found that I downed half a pint of it faster than normal (a good sign because I can't get enough of it and the strength isn't noticeable at all), for a RIS it's quite subtle compared to some others I've had (doesn't try to pound flavors down your throat) and the chocolate is quite complementary even when it's in the forefront of taste.

Once again, thanks to ahatcher78 for a beer I probably had no chance of trying.

Sexual Chocolate from Foothills Brewing Company - Downtown Brewpub