Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Bramble Berry Brew | Beaver Street Brewery & Whistle Stop Cafe

YOUR RATING = None |
Awaiting 10 Reviews

Beaver Street Brewery & Whistle Stop Cafe
Arizona, United States | website

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beerguy101 on 09-20-2003

Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 6
Reviews by DavoleBomb:
2.13/5  rDev -34.5%

Served in a chilled pint glass from tap. I asked for future brews to not be served in chilled glasses. I figured they should know this considering they go as far as brewing the beer, but alas they did not. Had this at the Brewery, which was a very nice place. Review from notes.

3.0 A: Clear light orange color. No head due to an amateur pour that resulted in beer up to the top of the glass.

2.5 S: Medicinal and sweet with an artificial mixed berry aroma. Did not impress me.

2.0 T: Seems like a half assed attempt at a good fruit beer. The medicinal and artificial sweetness come through in the taste as well.

2.5 M: Light body and indeed too light. Good carbonation though and very smooth.

1.5 D: There's no way I could ever have had another. It was so goofy tasting that I couldn't deal with too much of it. I can see why they make it though. I'm sure many of the BMC crowd would like this beer a lot.

3.92/5  rDev +20.6%

I had this on tap at the brew pub in Flagstaff. It was a light reddish-golden color. The smell was great - sweet and fruity berries - maybe raspberry dominated. I'm not sure of the alcohol content but it must be very low. It tasted mainly of fruits and berries, as with the smell - similar to a good wine cooler, but in the form of delicious beer!

2.77/5  rDev -14.8%

Rated from notes. In 2001 the wife & I toured Rt. 66, and I tried to hit some brewpubs along the way. This was the only fruit beer I tried. Turns out it had a decent, not overwhelming berry taste, but the mouthfeel was just a bit too watery. Could not tell much else about its beer character instead of its fruit-ness.

3.77/5  rDev +16%

I tried some of my wife's Brambleberry Brew at Beaver Street Brewery when I was there.

Appearance- yellow color, thin head

Smell- raspberry

Taste- really strong raspberry flavor, I liked that a lot.

Mouthfeel- light bodied

Drinkability- I thought it was really good. It had a strong raspberry flavor to it which I really liked.

3.36/5  rDev +3.4%

Medium gold color, slight reddish tint. A wheat ale with a mild raspberry flavor, not too sweet. Slight hops and malts. Good balance. Mouthfeel is clean and full. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste has a slight raspberry flavor. Subtle flavor. Nice light and refreshing.

3.5/5  rDev +7.7%

Bramble Berry Brew from Beaver Street Brewery & Whistle Stop Cafe
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.