Ølfabrikken Rug IPA | Ølfabrikken

3.73/5
Alströms:

Reviews by descartes:
3.95/5  rDev +5.9%

Poured from bottle that I purchased in down town Coppenhagen. I spoke to the guy about Danish micros and he said this was the only brewery that had managed to produce consistant beer.

Appearence: Dark cloudy brownish black with a small head.
Smell: Reaks of hops and some citrus.
Taste: Real heavy taste of hops, some coffee on the front and some lighter and sweeter fruity tones on the back.
Mouthfeel: Slightly thin, especially for this beer.
Drinkability: I really like this, very thick and bitter for an IPA. Somewhere between IPA and NW Bitter.

3.92/5  rDev +5.1%

Brewed fairly hoppy for Europe, with substantial rye and unpasterized. Pours attractive golden yellow with a crowning white head. Citrus aroma. Above average carbonation, and I likethe taste of rye. Quite tasty and so very drinkable with any food.Thanks Madsberg.

3.2/5  rDev -14.2%

Bottle: Poured a cloudy and hazy dark brown color ale with s mall foamy head with very limited retention. Aroma of bitter malt with some light citrus hops. Taste is a nice mix between light bitter citrus hops with a good backbone of malt. Carbonation is really too low for the style but I thought that the low filtration and the presence of rye was interesting enough and brought something different to a style that has too many clones.

3.05/5  rDev -18.2%

A: A cloudy red/brown with no head and minimal lacing.
S: Smells different than most IPAs I have had (maybe a different strand of hops?). Slight fruity smell. Tons of hops.
T: Super bitter beer. In fact it is slightly more bitter than I prefer. I don't feel that it is too well balanced either.
M: The initial hit in the mouth is full of carbonation which turns into a mild creamy feel.
D: Because I am not a bitter beer kind of person, I would have a hard time drinking too much of this one.

Split this beer over Easter in Danmark and it was a nice treat from Ølbutikken (go there in Copenhagen if you ever have a chance!) The mix of the rye was a nice addition to the IPA taste I thought. I would like to taste more on my next visit-maybe in the summer?

4.46/5  rDev +19.6%

Draught, Bishop's Arms, Stockholm, Sweden. Light bronze colored beer wit a thin layered foam. Aroma is substantially hoppy with a nice juiciness and floral character and some sweet fruits. Flavor is pretty terrific with loads of tropical fruits, a dry and intense hop character. Finish lingers well. This is a damn good IPA. Frankly, I wanted another.

3.5/5  rDev -6.2%