Hugh Hefe | Bullfrog Brewery

3.5/5  rDev +4.8%

3.75/5  rDev +12.3%

2.77/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

So I guess im the first and last person to be reviewing this. Ordered a pint and was served a glass only 3/4 full. The batch kicked and this was it. It appears a clear golden color with white froth 3 fingers strong. Some stringy patches of lace reside on the glass and it displays solid retention.

The aroma includes notes of citrus, clove and a peculiar cream corn sweetness that is somewhat grainy. Crushed black pepper, grass clippings and more notes of clove/pear/apple skins fill out the rest of the aromatics.

The taste is strikingly sweet taking me back to my aroma descriptor that was similar to cream corn. More sniffs reveal grassy notes of hops, clove and peppery yeast phenolics.

This is a medium bodied brew with a moderate amount of carbonation. Not a big fan of this despite really enjoying the style. Its not the worst I had but i would avoid it if offered to me again. Something seemed a bit off about it or maybe it was just that old.

Hugh Hefe from Bullfrog Brewery