Ed Hardy Premium Beer | Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Ed Hardy Premium BeerEd Hardy Premium Beer
1.82/5
Ed Hardy Premium BeerEd Hardy Premium Beer

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.
Mexico
mexicalibeer.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by dsa7783 on 09-21-2009

Sampled this at a beer convention and immediately got flashbacks of marketing douche-bags running a beer company, Queer Beer in SF came to mind. I thought it was bad when there was a Von Dutch energy drink, but this is too much. Had the beer, it was light, awful, and just bad, it technical terms it was clear fizzy, lacking flavor, and seemed like it came out of one of those brew your own kits at Cost Plus. But the kicker to this striped shirt, red bull drinking crowd that was slinging the stuff, instead of talking about the beer, they were hyping up the alleged artist with scissors cutting up shirts and making them look all Ed Hardy and stuff, whatever that was. These guys need to be excommunicated from the beer world, if it succeeds I can see an Oprah beer on the way.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

Pours a nothingness of somewhat golden color with the tiniest wisp of a white head and maybe 10 or so carbonation bubbles rising. The taste and smell can be combined and summed up in two words: creamed corn. Simply gross. Mouthfeel is about the same, leading to one of the worst drinkabilities that I have encountered.

1.12/5  rDev -38.5%

My friend brought a case of this over the other night. Thought we would give it a try, never seen it so what the heck. Worst decision ever made, Im glad it was only $15. The appearance looked like any miller lite, coors, etc... but everything else about this so called beer was horrid. The only thing I came up with good for this beer is that its cheaper to buy this than empty bottles for my home brew. seriously, save yourself and stay away from this.

1.15/5  rDev -36.8%

Picked a single for $1.79 at local package store.
The clerk asked me why I was buying that(the beer)?
Explained that I had to review it.

Decanted to a pint glass.

Pours super light gold/yellow with a thin white head that does not lace. Light to medium carbonation.

Generic smell - corn?

Generic taste, but not as punchy as Old Mil.

Really not worth the time, but cool label.

1.16/5  rDev -36.3%

My friend received one of the "Beers of the World" boxes in a work secret santa gift exchange. We decided to do a bad beer tasting tonight as a result.

A: The usual pale, pale yellow color with a bit of a white head that then subsides (very quickly). There are lots of tiny carbonation bubbles.

S: The smell is completely awful. It's skunky and has lots of corn and rice. A bit of metal, and just a general odor about it that I can only describe as old garbage.

T: Almost exactly the same as the nose. It seems as though something has spoiled in the bottle--and by something, I mean a compost pile that baked in the Pomona sun.

M: Light, fizzy, and dry.

D: Absolutely the worst beer I've ever had. Normally I try to find something redeeming about the beer, but there just wasn't really anything positive here.

1.16/5  rDev -36.3%

They just have to be kidding. This beer is simply a waste of space in the glass. It is less than nothing.

Pours thin and barely (barely) yellow with a bright white fully head that collapses instantly. The aroma is, well, just like a Coors Light - cheap, generic. The flavor is almost nonexistent - there is only the faintest bit of grain to suggest that you are drinking beer and not a funky soda water. The mouthfeel is prickly and carbonated, but there is no finish, no follow-through. Not even the slightly sour funk that usually accompanies cheap versions of the style.

Do not bother with this beer under any circumstances. If you have the need for a cheap adjunct lager (and there is nothing wrong with that), go for Miller Light or Bud Light before lining up for this one.

1.23/5  rDev -32.4%

A - A weak orange with hints of yellow. Pours a half-finger head that leaves scant lacing on the glass.

S - Like someone pissed in a bowl of cornflakes. Seriously, that's the first thing that came to mind. Like cornflakes, but with a hint of morning urine. Also, I think I smell pool water. Like someone filled a pool with cornflakes and then peed in it.

T - A really gross and cheap sweetness. No hops at all. I know I'm tasting malt, but it's such a weak and nasty malt that the taste almost defies description. I've had 40s for less than two bucks that had more flavor and depth than this.

M - The carbonation is terrible, somehow being weak and sickening all at once. The carbonation is light on the tongue, but lingers at the sides of the mouth in the same way Listerine does in the morning when you don't spit hard enough. Leaves behind the classic macro aftertaste of cheap malt and alcohol.

D - If you're already three sails to the wind, and you won't notice that a beer tastes awful, this is it. I bought this for the laughs alone. Ed Hardy makes t-shirts for douchebags and they've associated themselves with flavorless sex-in-a-canoe swill to boot. You'd think that with the $80 per t-shirt they pick up they'd have dropped a few bucks to co-opt a decent beer, but you'd be wrong. Pick up a single at your local beer shop just for giggles to elevate every other beer you've had by comparison. Seriously, I'd take Bud Light with Clamato over this swill.

1.25/5  rDev -31.3%

Going through my mixed 10 pack, I had to take the bullet and try this random beer at some point...

A - The beer pours the palest of yellows - I'm talking lighter than straw. Pour head retention

S - Smells like limp broccoli and cleaning products. Yum.

T - What little flavor it has recalls creamed corn and chlorinated water I generally have tried to avoid letting it stay in my mouth, I may have to chug it to avoid tasting any more.

M - Carbonated, this is probably worse than MGD. Fact.

D - Who MADE this beer? God this is a miserable experience.

I know I'm supposed to be constructive, but this such a lazy beer that I don't think it's worthy of much thought put into it. It's a poor excuse for a beer. Sorry, guys.

1.28/5  rDev -29.7%

I am going to some what quote the fellow below me! since I got this tonight in the same beers of the world from world market(no badon world market i get almost %100 of my beer there they have a GREAT selection) and I have been trying a couple of them tonight.

A: just in the bottle. but right away it was awful smell and aroma!

S: The smell is completely awful. It's skunky and has lots of corn and rice. if you ever worked in sheet metal or in a metal shop or welding metal. it smelt kinda like that. steel smell.

T: Almost exactly the same as the nose. It seems as though something has spoiled in the bottle. Corn, rice, metal, and a bit of some strange reek. (yes couldnt say it better)

M: Light, fizzy, and dry. (ed hardy needs to stick to drawing tattoos hes a good protoge of jerry collins his beer abilitys are a complete F)

D: Absolutely the worst beer I've ever had. Normally I try to find something redeeming about this beer, but this just didn't really have anything to do that. ( I think bud light is worse personally)

But over all F in the beer FFF I cant express how much I want people to avoid this CRAP) +1 to him V

P.S. this beer is a product of tecate beer out of mexico! ITS HORSE PISS!

1.3/5  rDev -28.6%

Brought with a microbrewery pack from Spirits Unlimited in Manahawkin, NJ

This beer has a fizzy head, straw color and minimal lacing. The smell can be best described as corn, corn, corn, corn and the smell follows the taste; with a little bit of alka seltzer mixed in. The mouthfeel was so much like water, I had to pour it into the drain, that is how undrinkable it is.

1.32/5  rDev -27.5%

"I like Ed Hardy shirts because they save me the trouble of having to speak to someone before I can determine whether or not he's a retard." -Mark Twain

Having said that, MACRO SMACK DOWN. This vs. OM Light. And, yes, I know that this isn't quite a macro, so maybe just say "adjunct" smackdown or something to that effect. Or don't. It doesn't matter.

Pours pale with an uncontrolably fizz white head. Smells like adjunct grain, a light little dose of hops, and some lightly medicinal nodes.

Tastes like just those medicinal nodes. Only they're not light; they're large and scary. This tastes the way that Band Aids smell when you first take them out of the paper, sweetly astringent and plasticine. Gross.

Drain pour. Avoid. Old Milwuakee light *easily* wins this competition.

1.4/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Pours a color of yellow the best resemebles urine. It is clear yellow with no head. The smell is almost non existant maybe some corn. The taste is nothingness with a bite of skunky beer. It taste a little bit like rotting corn. The mouthfeel is slight carbonation. The drinkability is low, there is nothing to make you want to drink this beer other than the novelty of making fun of people who wear the clothes.

1.48/5  rDev -18.7%

Pours a weak, watery yellow. 1-finger head at least gives the appearance of a decent pour. No retention and some lacing.

Nose is corn, rotting vegetation, and lemons. Not awful, but you can smell it from here.

Is this supposed to have a taste? There is literally nothing up front. No malt, no hops, no citrus, nothing. I'm getting weak, weak, weak lemons in the finish. It's not bad, but I've had water with a lemon slice that had more flavor than this.

No feel at all. Same feel as a glass of water.

No reason to drink this ever again. My wife got me a six of this for Christmas (in her defense, she really likes Ed Hardy stuff and she did get me several good beers like Maredsous 12, Anchor Christmas, Heavy Seas and a few others). The bad news is that somehow I have to get the other 5 of these out of the house. Maybe I can marinate meat in them?

1.5/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A tarnished straw colored beer, with a small white head leaving no lacing.

A faint smell of dusty hay.

A weak sour taste, some maltiness. No hops to mention.

Low carbonation, a weak watery feeling.

No, this is not worthy to drink. Even the swedish "light beers" at 2.2% ABV has much more character and taste.

1.53/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz bottle poured into a pilsner glass. Best Before 101410. No info.

A - The fierce tiger depicted on the bottle seems like a false warning for this beer. It pours golden yellow with a very short-lived white head and next to no lace. Yeah, the contents are nothing like the package.

S - Premium Beer is almost indistinguishable in aroma from "Death or Light Beer" save for the fact that the rice and corn aroma is more potent in this version.

T - A smooth and light kiss of pale malts hides behind corn and rice adjuncts showing that yes, in fact there is a true beer ingredient in this brew.

M - Sharply crisp and lightly dry, this beer leads to my stomach bloating with a few small sips, more than are probably necessary to evaluate this light-ass beer.

D - Just as bad as 'Death', Premium isn't even close to what I would consider "premium" and doesn't even warrant pawning the remaining 10 oz off on my brother who'll drink any light beer. Down the drain she goes. Can't say I'm surprised. The two were worth a laugh anyway.

1.55/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

ok love the label, wow, but anyway where do these people get off making beer? enough rant but really? i dont even like the clothes.

A - Poured a very pale, super clear golden yellow. Nice big fizzy white head formed on top, faded slowly and left about a quarter inch thick layer across the top of the glass. Lots and lots of carbonation was very visible. Very light, lats of grain, some very light hoppiness in the back, but that was about it. your classic light lager, total maltiness and not much else, slight bready taste. A bit slick depite the carbonation. it was ok, nothing special just an average feel for a lager Very cold on a very hot day I could drink a few of these with ease, but other than that, not enough taste.

Overall very forgettable. This was a macro lager at its finest, which is average, better then a BMC but thats not saying much. If it was free at a bbq, I would have one, but no more buying it for me.

1.66/5  rDev -8.8%

I purchased this beer because it was on sale ($6.99), big mistake. It is not worth 2 dollars. It has a fancy bottle and cool look, but the taste is bland and flavorless. I have made mistakes in the past by purchasing beer that is marked down. Make no mistake, most of the time the reasons why the beer is marked down is because of the lack of sales.

1.75/5  rDev -3.8%

Ed Hardy Premium Beer from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.