Ed Hardy Premium Beer | Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Ed Hardy Premium BeerEd Hardy Premium Beer

Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by dsa7783 on 09-21-2009

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 40 | Ratings: 57

I poured this beer into my tumbler at 45 degrees. The beer had a nice golden color to it like normal beer. The beer poured a fair white head that did not last very long. believe it or not the beer smelled like beer! Just like it. The taste was a little sweet but not too bad. It was an okay beer that I would drink again, but it is nothing spectacular thats for sure.

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%

Thanks to lukaski for the gimmick beer hook up.

Pours a nice golden, pilsner straw color with awesome bubbling and a superawesome head with strong retention. After the look of this beer wows you, theres nothing else worth mentioning. The aroma is of stale, wet, pilsner malt left in the maltsers silo tooo long. This beer tastes staler than it smells. Decaying grassy hops, stale or old lightly toasted malt, and grade F toasted corn and rice. he palate has nothing except adjunct funk and a flat, watery linger. I will never drink this beer again.

2.71/5  rDev +47.3%

It reminds me of malt liquor. It has nice straw colored body with just a slightly off-white head. A thin line of lace appears as the thick head disappears. The aroma is corny and somewhat medicinal. It has an average flavor at best. There are little tones of hops and malt and some fruity esters. The mouthfeel is thin with a small amount of bite.

1.03/5  rDev -44%

Pours a nothingness of somewhat golden color with the tiniest wisp of a white head and maybe 10 or so carbonation bubbles rising. The taste and smell can be combined and summed up in two words: creamed corn. Simply gross. Mouthfeel is about the same, leading to one of the worst drinkabilities that I have encountered.

A - Poured a clear golden color with a thin white head that fades quickly to a ring

S - There really isn't much of a smell some grainy malt

T - Wow this is bad has a sweet malt taste and ass flavor

M - This beer has a light body with medium carbonation to it

D - This really isn't a good beer I kinda like some Mexican beers so I thought this might not be so bad but I was wrong stay a way

1.48/5  rDev -19.6%

Pours a weak, watery yellow. 1-finger head at least gives the appearance of a decent pour. No retention and some lacing.

Nose is corn, rotting vegetation, and lemons. Not awful, but you can smell it from here.

Is this supposed to have a taste? There is literally nothing up front. No malt, no hops, no citrus, nothing. I'm getting weak, weak, weak lemons in the finish. It's not bad, but I've had water with a lemon slice that had more flavor than this.

No feel at all. Same feel as a glass of water.

No reason to drink this ever again. My wife got me a six of this for Christmas (in her defense, she really likes Ed Hardy stuff and she did get me several good beers like Maredsous 12, Anchor Christmas, Heavy Seas and a few others). The bad news is that somehow I have to get the other 5 of these out of the house. Maybe I can marinate meat in them?

1.4/5  rDev -23.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

Pours a color of yellow the best resemebles urine. It is clear yellow with no head. The smell is almost non existant maybe some corn. The taste is nothingness with a bite of skunky beer. It taste a little bit like rotting corn. The mouthfeel is slight carbonation. The drinkability is low, there is nothing to make you want to drink this beer other than the novelty of making fun of people who wear the clothes.

1.28/5  rDev -30.4%

I am going to some what quote the fellow below me! since I got this tonight in the same beers of the world from world market(no badon world market i get almost %100 of my beer there they have a GREAT selection) and I have been trying a couple of them tonight.

A: just in the bottle. but right away it was awful smell and aroma!

S: The smell is completely awful. It's skunky and has lots of corn and rice. if you ever worked in sheet metal or in a metal shop or welding metal. it smelt kinda like that. steel smell.

T: Almost exactly the same as the nose. It seems as though something has spoiled in the bottle. Corn, rice, metal, and a bit of some strange reek. (yes couldnt say it better)

M: Light, fizzy, and dry. (ed hardy needs to stick to drawing tattoos hes a good protoge of jerry collins his beer abilitys are a complete F)

D: Absolutely the worst beer I've ever had. Normally I try to find something redeeming about this beer, but this just didn't really have anything to do that. ( I think bud light is worse personally)

But over all F in the beer FFF I cant express how much I want people to avoid this CRAP) +1 to him V

P.S. this beer is a product of tecate beer out of mexico! ITS HORSE PISS!

1.16/5  rDev -37%

My friend received one of the "Beers of the World" boxes in a work secret santa gift exchange. We decided to do a bad beer tasting tonight as a result.

A: The usual pale, pale yellow color with a bit of a white head that then subsides (very quickly). There are lots of tiny carbonation bubbles.

S: The smell is completely awful. It's skunky and has lots of corn and rice. A bit of metal, and just a general odor about it that I can only describe as old garbage.

T: Almost exactly the same as the nose. It seems as though something has spoiled in the bottle--and by something, I mean a compost pile that baked in the Pomona sun.

M: Light, fizzy, and dry.

D: Absolutely the worst beer I've ever had. Normally I try to find something redeeming about the beer, but there just wasn't really anything positive here.

Sampled this at a beer convention and immediately got flashbacks of marketing douche-bags running a beer company, Queer Beer in SF came to mind. I thought it was bad when there was a Von Dutch energy drink, but this is too much. Had the beer, it was light, awful, and just bad, it technical terms it was clear fizzy, lacking flavor, and seemed like it came out of one of those brew your own kits at Cost Plus. But the kicker to this striped shirt, red bull drinking crowd that was slinging the stuff, instead of talking about the beer, they were hyping up the alleged artist with scissors cutting up shirts and making them look all Ed Hardy and stuff, whatever that was. These guys need to be excommunicated from the beer world, if it succeeds I can see an Oprah beer on the way.

1.3/5  rDev -29.3%

Brought with a microbrewery pack from Spirits Unlimited in Manahawkin, NJ

This beer has a fizzy head, straw color and minimal lacing. The smell can be best described as corn, corn, corn, corn and the smell follows the taste; with a little bit of alka seltzer mixed in. The mouthfeel was so much like water, I had to pour it into the drain, that is how undrinkable it is.

2.52/5  rDev +37%

Appearance: pours a clear pale yellow color with a wispy head that breaks down immediately.

Smell: only a hint of grass is barely detectable by the nose.

Taste: weak malt profile with some hints of grass, green grapes, and almost no bitterness.

Mouthfeel: light in body. Crisp from start to finish with a clean aftertaste.

Drinkability: this is a beer to avoid. Glad I only picked up a single to try. I did not finish the glass as my tongue wanted some flavor with what I was drinking.

1.93/5  rDev +4.9%

This beer was given to me as a sample from a distributor who just brought in this product line. Simply put this beer is insulting.

appearance - It is a light yellow color...very uninspiring

smell - It smells very similar to Miller Lite. Very similar to the smell of straw or corn

taste - much like the smell but with an added metallic taste..not a drain pour, but just a general lack of any substantial taste

mouthfeel - Surprisingly not terrible! From the look of the beer i was expecting complete water, but what I got was something north of water...almost Budweiser like.

Drinkability - It drinks like any other very light beer..you could chug lots of them. I wouldn't want to drink many of them but if I was faced with this "premium beer" or any other light domestic offering...i would have to chug away (maybe i would become cooler)

My main problem with this beer is the lack of effort. I'm not sure how you market $100+ T-shirts and follow it up with a meager swill beer. At the very minimum they could have hired a good brewer (not Tecate) and atleast tried to produce a quality beer.

Simply put it shows how little they think of their consumers and how much they actually care for the brand of Ed Hardly.

2.24/5  rDev +21.7%

Pours clear golden yellow with a thin creamy white head that leaves some lacing.

The smell is of buttered corn and husk.

The taste is of corn, husk a touch of soap. Sweet with little balance.

The feel is thin/watery with a bit of late fizz.

This is swill. Not totally undrinkable only because it is so mild. A gimmicky beer with nothing to it. I guess if you want the cool label, having one is tolerable.

2.62/5  rDev +42.4%

No!!! Just when I think the worst is over...
$1.99 at Tiger Qwikmart in Clemson, SC (a lil pricey!! Stone IPA is about the same price!)

A: Pours a 100% transparent straw color that produces a very fizzly and carbonated head that lasts for about 30 seconds and leaves no lacing along the glass. Very standard.

S: Ricey, grainy, wheaty, metallic, and slightly sweet notes. Perhaps corn. As it warms, a slight touch of alcohol is present.

T: Very similar to the nose...not very good at all. Light and plain, watered down and flavorless. Slightly sweet, and corn bready.

MF/D: You know, the mouthfeel is not as bad as I have experienced before. A little fuller (yes apparently it is possible) than the others. Also, the carbonation is less intense, which is a major problem in some of the other adjuncts...But sadly, this is really the only thing going for it.

Overall, not impressed (you won't be either). I am impressed that I managed to drink this whole bottle without throwing a random fist pump or threaten to break a bottle over someones head.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Ed Hardy Premium Beer from Cerveceria Mexicana S.A. De C.V.