Pranqster | North Coast Brewing Co.

PranqsterPranqster

Ratings: 3,383 |  Reviews: 1,233

4.75/5  rDev +18.8%

4.75/5  rDev +18.8%

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

This one of my favorite beers. Great taste and smooth! I love the flavor! When I first had it, I feel in love with it! I am happy that Publix started to carry it! I have only had in bottles. Even the bar that I discovered this greatness at only severed in bottles. If you are out with some friends, pick this brew up and have a taste!

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

3.25/5  rDev -18.8%

4.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.5%

4.17/5  rDev +4.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured into a snifter glass. The beer presented a somewhat hazy appearance, not too cloudy, it's almost clear as opposed to most traditional wheat beers. I did not smell ripen bananas (I thought traditionally you would with Belgian Ales?) but I did get the smell of orange juice - some subtle citrus but not overpowering citrus like you get in IPA's. I'm new in the world of Belgian Ales but this was what came to mind.

The taste was great. I got spices, some cloves, maybe some lemon zest and fruits, I'm thinking particularly Turkish Apricots. It was also tad bit peppery. The beer lingers in my mouth after swallowing - consisting both the sweetness and bitterness. Almost as if I ate an orange peel. Awesome.

Overall great beer! My dad and I picked this up at Trader Joe's one day and thought to try it.

2.45/5  rDev -38.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 2.75

Cloudy pour, no head, smells like sewer water, and called pranqster! Should I be surprised that this isn't the best beer I've ever had? Not sure who has rated this beer highly because it really has nothing to offer other than it has a nice light feel in the mouth and the taste does not linger. I really try to appreciate the positive attributes of every beer but this one really challenges me. At least it has a 7.6% alcohol content. Bottom line: they named this beer perfectly. I won't fall for their joke twice though!

Pranqster from North Coast Brewing Co.