Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout | North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
94%
Liked This Beer
4.3 w/ 12,258 ratings
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

North Coast Brewing Co.
northcoastbrewing.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Produced in the tradition of 18th Century English brewers who supplied the court of Russia’s Catherine the Great, Old Rasputin seems to develop a cult following wherever it goes. It’s a rich, intense brew with big complex flavors and a warming finish.

Added by kbub6f on 01-18-2001

#496
Liked:
4.3/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 12,258 |  Reviews: 3,735

4.89/5  rDev +13.7%

Pitch black with a thick, creamy, ugly brown head. By ugly I mean beautiful, of course. Aroma is smoked wood, roasted coffee, vanilla, chocolate, burnt sugar--and maybe I'm just fantasizing here, in a Rasputin trance, but I pick up a faint, savory aroma that reminds me of bacon in the oven. Thick and syrupy with an acidic bite at the end that whispers "sip some more, sip some more!" Smokey, sweet, burnt, complex, chocolate, wood, hints of spice even (nutmeg & cinnamon). This has been and continues to be my go-to Imperial Stout. Others might be stronger but none hit me the way Old Rasputin does, even after all these years. Seems like a lot of people agree.

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.5/5  rDev +4.7%

This is one of my favorites, I call it "Old Reliable" just for fun. I am reviewing this for the serving type "on-tap", however I have had it bottled as well, and it never let's me down in either form. Very rich flavor, with a smooth after taste (not pruny tasting). Highly recommended for all, even if you don't care for Stouts.

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 94% out of 100 with 12,258 ratings