Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout | North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

4.75/5  rDev +11%

4.44/5  rDev +3.7%

3.5/5  rDev -18.2%

4.74/5  rDev +10.7%

Holy coffee-chocolate-licorice-flavor mother of god -- this one is big indeed. Nice deep black color. Medium head. (Hint of cat pee aroma not so great but easy enough to look past). 1st one and certainly not my last. i was going to try and float a pils on top but that would just f-it up.

Like a good Guinness on steroids.

4.75/5  rDev +11%

3.5/5  rDev -18.2%

Tried this a few months ago and couldn't believe what I was tasting. High alcohol level , but you barely notice this over the great flavour.

I can't find it in the summer months, so I'm waiting for the fall to stock up.
This is everything a stout should be - the platonic ideal stout!

4.47/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

My first review!

Appearance: Pitch black with a two and a half finger, super creamy head. It leaves a nice lacing around the glass (pint - though I do prefer beers like this in a snifter or tulip).

Smell: I get a strong presence of dark chocolate, coffee, and a lot of smoky malt. Smells absolutely wonderful!

Taste: As with the smell, a LOT of dark chocolate flavor, malt. For being a 9% beer I only pick up on the alcohol slightly. I'm not picking up as much coffee as I did when I put a nose on it. The chocolate is just so prevalent, and that's awesome.

Mouthfeel: Heavy with some carbonation.

Overall: As a mega stout fan, this is one of my favorites thus far. A wonderful stout, and it's easily available year-round, even in Arkansas :). It's kind of like Young's on steroids. The chocolate is by far the most present though not overpowering. It's a wonderful beer. This is definitely something I'll be keeping in my fridge.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Co.