Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout | North Coast Brewing Co.

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
4.3/5
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial StoutOld Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout

North Coast Brewing Co.
northcoastbrewing.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Produced in the tradition of 18th Century English brewers who supplied the court of Russia’s Catherine the Great, Old Rasputin seems to develop a cult following wherever it goes. It’s a rich, intense brew with big complex flavors and a warming finish.

Added by kbub6f on 01-18-2001

#493

Ratings: 12,278 |  Reviews: 3,736

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%

Tried this a few months ago and couldn't believe what I was tasting. High alcohol level , but you barely notice this over the great flavour.

I can't find it in the summer months, so I'm waiting for the fall to stock up.
This is everything a stout should be - the platonic ideal stout!

4.47/5  rDev +4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

My first review!

Appearance: Pitch black with a two and a half finger, super creamy head. It leaves a nice lacing around the glass (pint - though I do prefer beers like this in a snifter or tulip).

Smell: I get a strong presence of dark chocolate, coffee, and a lot of smoky malt. Smells absolutely wonderful!

Taste: As with the smell, a LOT of dark chocolate flavor, malt. For being a 9% beer I only pick up on the alcohol slightly. I'm not picking up as much coffee as I did when I put a nose on it. The chocolate is just so prevalent, and that's awesome.

Mouthfeel: Heavy with some carbonation.

Overall: As a mega stout fan, this is one of my favorites thus far. A wonderful stout, and it's easily available year-round, even in Arkansas :). It's kind of like Young's on steroids. The chocolate is by far the most present though not overpowering. It's a wonderful beer. This is definitely something I'll be keeping in my fridge.

3.75/5  rDev -12.8%

4.75/5  rDev +10.5%

3.5/5  rDev -18.6%

4.5/5  rDev +4.7%

Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 4.3 out of 5 with 12,278 ratings