Samuel Smith's Organic Cherry Fruit Beer | Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)

Samuel Smith's Organic Cherry Fruit BeerSamuel Smith's Organic Cherry Fruit Beer
3.84/5

Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)
England, United Kingdom
samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by mdagnew on 06-25-2007

3.76/5  rDev -2.1%

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

From a 550 ml bottle into a samuel smith pint glass. Beer is a deep red copper color. Foam is pink!! No lace from this beer.

Wow this beer is so sweet. Reminds me of cherry wine from travers city Michigan. Lots of carbonation on the toung as well. Twang of viniger here as well

The best I can describe the smell is cherry and cranberry. No malts and no hops.

Very unique for me. I can't say I've ever had anything like this. I love Sam smith and this is a cool beer from a classic brewer.

3.5/5  rDev -8.9%

3.75/5  rDev -2.3%

4.92/5  rDev +28.1%

3.5/5  rDev -8.9%

3.41/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

a. Cherry red, two finger head that reduces but remains.

s. Cherry, cranberry, cough syrup.

t. Sometimes wonderful, sweet cherry beer - sometimes cough syrup, sometimes good tart cherry beer. Careful what you eat while enjoying this. Profile is all over the place.

m. Good.

o. Good beer that I would not pass over if offered up, but would not seek.

3.89/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Agree with another review, this is in between a sweet fruit beer and a fruit-flavored beer. I am having it at a point I debated having a sour, and while this is not a sour, my palate was pleased with it.

Pours a deep red, with a fair amount of carbonation. The smell is rich cherry pie, including an oatmeal crisp (topping) smell.

The taste of chert is almost wine cooler-esque, but the feel it much drier. I do get fair carbonation for a beer, any more I think could tip it to a spritzer. I also get an interesting graham cracker-like taste underneath the cherry.

For what it is, I think this works, but you should be ready for a fruit beer, to be sure. I'd go for this again in a specific case.

3.75/5  rDev -2.3%

3.25/5  rDev -15.4%

2.75/5  rDev -28.4%

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

4.24/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.25

This is an interesting fruit beer, but very different from a lambic or a syrupy flavored beer. The beer is a beautiful red and smells/tastes of cherry juice. The beer is sweet but not overly suite. The one down side is that the beer could use a little carbonation.

4.5/5  rDev +17.2%

3.25/5  rDev -15.4%

4.25/5  rDev +10.7%

Samuel Smith's Organic Cherry Fruit Beer from Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)