Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer | Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)

Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit BeerSamuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer

Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)
England, United Kingdom
samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by bark on 01-24-2009

3.8

Strawberry love in a large bottle. Yum. Not too sweet but just enough to feel like you're running thru a strawberry patch on a beautiful summer day. Absolutely delicious. A must remember.

Absolutely fantastic taste.. American beers or ales can not compare to the masters for Europe Almost everything Samuel smiths makes has that taste of perfection smooth fruity flavor mmmmmmm

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

I was mildly skeptical of this ale's fruity properties until I popped the cap and the tremendous aroma of strawberries filled my kitchen. I poured the dark orange ale into my tall pils glass and sampled the ale...well, it wasn't really tasting like ale...it was strawberry puree with a slight tartness to it. The taste was so much strawberry that I missed the ale until it warmed up, but the combination was so exciting.

The experience of blending fruit in a blender for pile filling or mixed drink special would normally achieve the same results as the ale in my glass. I cannot remember anything in beer like this.

4.84/5  rDev +27.4%

4.82/5  rDev +26.8%

A: Cloudy and rusty-hued; topped with a golden, off-white, two-finger head that lasted nicely, but with minimal lacing.

S: Smells exactly like strawberry jam cooking in a pot.

T: Tart, cooked strawberries is the first and dominant flavor. There's a creaminess to it, and a touch of bitter hops, but those play second fiddle to the overwhelming strawberry flavor. Yet it works! It is seriously delicious!

M: Crisp and bursting with carbonation as it washes over the tongue. The bubbles fade into a creamy smoothness, before a mild dryness kicks in at the end. Indeed, it was that rare mix of refreshing beginning and tart, dry end to make you crave the next sip.

O: I'd been told about this one ages ago, but gave it a pass for so long because I thought it would be just another "girl drink." It is amazingly fruity, that's for sure, but not in a cloying way -- the tartness prevents that, and is more lambic than traditional beer. Frankly, this is the epitome of a fruit beer. Is it for everyday drinking? No (at least not for me!) But just like it's nice to have dessert as a change of pace after a lot of hearty meals, it's very enjoyable to sample this one from time to time.

4.8/5  rDev +26.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

If you're looking for a refreshing beer for the summer....THIS IS IT! I bought this on a whim since I love the Organic Chocolate Stout and was not disappointed. It pours to a golden amber with an absolutely perfect head. The aroma is strictly strawberry and it goes down almost as fast as you can drink it.
I am usually a dark/stout drinker and this ale has converted me...give it a try.

4.77/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Definitely my favorite Fruit beer ever. Hands down. The first thing I noticed is its smell. I got strong notes of strawberry jam and honey with a slight citrus undertone. It smells absolutely delicious to say the least. The taste is very similar as well. I get creamy strawberry notes with honey, citrus, wheat and smooth malts to finish it off. Truly a masterpiece in my opinion. This is how Fruit beer should be in my head.

4.75/5  rDev +25%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Well the label does not lie..strawberry out the Ying yang. While not my overall favorite style I was in the mood for a sweet light beer. And this smells more of strawberry than does an actual ripe fresh cut strawberry. I rated it so high cos that's clearly what it was supposed to be. Nice and tart. I thought it would be more red than it was but that was the only slight let down.

4.72/5  rDev +24.2%
look: 4 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer from Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)