Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout | Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)

Samuel Smith's Imperial StoutSamuel Smith's Imperial Stout

Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)
England, United Kingdom
samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by Todd on 02-27-2001

Ratings: 3,747 |  Reviews: 1,767

This is by far one of my favorite beers.

This is a pretty dark beer although a slight hint of red when held up to a bright light. Tan head that sticks around.

Smell is like a snickers bar put in coffee. a little funk to it, but that's more of a caramel smell.

Taste is outstanding. Definitely what is expected from the nose; caramel, coffee, and chocolate mostly. No alcohol taste really and it is not too dry and the slightest bit sweet. Small amount bitterness and comfortable malty taste.

I bought a bottle of this for a friend's dad who swears by Guinness and he was blown away. I have to say this is one of very few imperial stouts I have had, but every time now I have a guinness or regular stout it is just not enough. Will continue to buy (this is the third time I've gotten it)

Aw man This is an awesome beer!

Pours a jet black with an awesome thick foam of tan head on top. Low carbonation.

Huge roasted malt aroma with some delicious smells of dark chocolate, butterscotch, and caramel. Makes my mouth water.

Rich creamy texture, delicious roasted chocolate taste, so damn good! Followed my a dry bitterness of black coffee, burnt caramel/toffee. Nice little kick of alcohol esters in the finish, not too much, but just right.

Most perfect Imperial stout I have ever tasted, so balanced and drinkable. Why did I wait so long to drink you? I enjoyed this beer with some X-mas chocolates, Awesome!

Cheers!

Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout from Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster)