Old Carrock | Hesket Newmarket Brewery

Style: Old Ale

Added by foamer on 05-01-2005

Reviews by foamer:
3.87/5  rDev 0%

Sampled at the Paisley Beer Festival, Scotland.

Pours a brown with a rusty orange hue and a bubbly off-white head which leaves some nice lacing. Sweet malts with some medicinal hints and alcohol in the nose. Dark fruits as well, plums I'm getting. Very interesting. Sweet malts with strong hints of, unless my taste buds are playing tricks on me, tobacco. A most intruiging flavour. I like it. Very smooth and nice moderate mouthfeel from the cask conditioning. Drinkable and one I would go back to for sure, but not a beer you'd make a session out of. Quite tasty though, and different.

Old Carrock from Hesket Newmarket Brewery