Solar Eclipse | Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery & General Store

Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
Maryland, United States
franklinsbrewery.com

Style: English Dark Mild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by sarahspat on 06-21-2009

Reviews by sarahspat:
2.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Was served to me from a firkin (which they had just tapped) with no head, lacing or any signs of carbonation at all. Completely flat from beginning to end. The liquid looked dark brown, but got lighter toward the edges where you could observe that it was completely transparent.

Smelled like vegetables. Mostly just celery. Little bit of coffee, too.

Tasted like really watered down coffee with a stick of celery in it. WTF? Very light, watery body too. I drank this beer really fast... but that was mostly due to my eagerness to put it behind me and never think of it again. This one just didn't do it for me.

Solar Eclipse from Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery & General Store