Equinoxe D'automne | Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!

Liked This Beer

3.98/5
Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev -12.1%

3.92/5  rDev -1.5%

On draft at The Farmhouse Tap & Grill.

Pours a mahogany brown with reddish hues and thin light tan head. Nose smells of heated bandaids and adhesive. That starts to blow off after a few minutes. Smoked wood, probably beechwood?, spices and cinnamon, and driftwood.

Flavors are wildly awesome, big smoke character, but it seems somehow restrained at the same time. The palate is chewy and dense. Long lovely velvety finish.

Wow. At first I was worried about this beer, but the palate and texture and finish are amazingly awesome. Highly recommend.

3.98/5  rDev 0%

Another fine seasonal offering by Dieu du Ciel...Advertised as a Rauchbock smoked lager.

Appearance: Smokey dark brown, with very light head.

Smell: quite subdued, but after a while you could pick up smoky and malty aromas.

Taste: Good carbonation, and that distinctive, roasted Bamberg malt. Mouthfeel is medium, so it's surprisingly easy to drink, and everyone around the pub drinking it seemed to enjoy it as much as I did (including plenty of women, and an old high school buddy of mine who I never imagined in a million years coming here, and even less so enjoying this brew!)

4.52/5  rDev +13.6%

I ordered this while my wife was in the bathroom. She tried it without knowing it's name and remarked, "Wow. This tastes like fall."

This has the ideal amount of smokiness, I think. It's dominant enough that the rauchbier label is fitting, but the malt comes through well and it doesn't have that 'liquid bacon' taste.

Great body like an English brown but with German character to the malt. If I lived in Quebec, this could definitely be my go-to fall beer. Despite its abv (no sign of it in the taste) I was surprised at how fast I drank this.

Equinoxe D'automne from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 4 ratings