Retour Aux Racines | Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
Quebec, Canada | website

Style: Scottish Gruit / Ancient Herbed Ale

Added by Goldorak on 10-16-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 3
3.67/5  rDev -0.5%

Advertised on the board as a "tradionnal Root Beer". Seems that the Herbed/Spiced Beer category is being phased out, so I suppose the closest adjacent style would be Gruit.

Appearance: Totally opaque, Sort of a dark brown with copper hints, with a steardy grey-brown head.

Smell: Really smells like root beer, but with a lot of menthol, it had almost a vapor-action thing going on, almost like Vicks vap-o-rub!

Taste: Again, it really tastes like root Beer (although I'm no expert, haven't drank one in years in fact), with mint and ginger. Fresh aftertaste that really lasts, and decent enough body to hold it all together. I wasn't expecting much (shame on my for doubting DDC) so I was suprised to see how fast my pint went down, which isn't always the case with some of JF's more quirky brews. I wouldn't see myself session exclusively on this but I'll totally have another if he makes this again.

Retour Aux Racines from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.