Annedale Spruce | Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
Quebec, Canada
dieuduciel.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by gskitt on 07-11-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.82/5  rDev n/a

This was the second beer I tried at Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel. It was recommended to me by the brewer and other patrons. Poured a light amber, cloudy. No head to speak of. Had some barnyard notes in the scent musty, other than that, simply funky. Tasted like the bartender told me it would, not unlike a christmas tree might smell. According to the bartender, this is an very old style brewed without hops as the English had yet to bring hops to North America. This beer only had a hint of carbonation, and had a taste and mouthfeel that was unique and unlike anything I have ever tried. Funky, piney, yet not hoppy. Spruce-like i guess. I don't know what style to compare it to, so my review might not be spot on. I am really glad I had the chance to try it, but it would not be my first choice. Also, I do not know exactly, but the bartender said the ABV was "around 6%"

Annedale Spruce from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!