13e Étage | Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!

Awaiting More Ratings

Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!
Quebec, Canada
dieuduciel.com

Style: American Porter

Porter with pepper and yuzu.

Added by spinrsx on 10-10-2011

3.7

3.7/5  rDev 0%

Draft

Appearance - The beer pours a black/brown colour with an average size fizzy dark beige coloured head. I can't see much carbonation due the darkness of the beer and there is some good lacing on the sides of the glass. The head lasted for 5 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Chocolate, malts, smoke, hops

Taste & Mouth - The beer has a below average amount of carbonation and it feels smooth/full on the tongue. I can taste malts and chocolate mixed with a lot of smokey notes and a fair amount of hops. The yuzu and pepper come in at the finish.. it really lingers on the tongue.. it's and odd bitter taste that I can't explain.

Overall – Points for originality, but the yuzu/pepper aftertaste doesn't really do it for me. I cant imagine drinking more than a pint of this stuff.

13e Étage from Brasserie Dieu du Ciel!