Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

L’Amère Veilleuse | Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds

3.92/5
Very Good

Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds
Quebec, Canada
bedondaine.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

This beer was created on June 2nd, 2005. It is composed of six varieties of cereals and two varieties of hops in six additions. Dry hopping is a technique that consists in adding hop leaves during the maturation in the fermentor before kegging. This gives the sensation of crunching on a hop cone. For true hop lovers.

Added by Goldorak on 06-27-2005

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.59/5  rDev -8.4%

On-tap at the brewpub. This was the clear winner in taste, except for a chemical aroma. Almost an imperial IPA in bitterness. Six hops supports that. Lots of lace. Offsetting malt, also six types. I don't know why, maybe my glass was bleached. Worth trying again, or bottling.

4.22/5  rDev +7.7%

Appearance: Reddish brown, with a pleasing thick and clingy head on top.

Smell: Sticky sweet hop leaves, alomost resinous, but very floral, hop-heads will enjoy the aroma of this offering.

Taste: Whoh, lip smackingly bitter, this Beer is advertised as 200 IBUs. Is it really that bitter? Perhaps, because it felt really itchy in the back of my tongue and the top of my palate near my uvula. I took a sip or two, went to the bathroom and took the time to look around at the great surroundings of the pub, and after that long the aftertaste was still quite prominent, as if I just took a pull off my pint. Even so, the malts are quite heavy sweet and flowery enough to give this monster enough balance for me to want second helpings.

4.25/5  rDev +8.4%

3.64/5  rDev -7.1%

Appearance- A bronze colored beer with a red amber hue. Average head and lace.

Smell- A strong floral herbal aroma almost like an IPA omits from the glass.

Taste- A nice balance of different hops can be noticed in the flavor of this beer. It is bitter but not overdone.

Mouthfeel- Medium bodied.

Drinkability- A good diner beer.

L’Amère Veilleuse from Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds