L’Ensorceleuse | Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds
Quebec, Canada

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

This beer was specially created in 1998 for our wedding and offered to our guests for the occasion. Since then, it has never ceased to exist! It is composed of six varieties of hops and spices, to share our happiness with you!

Added by Sammy on 08-24-2007

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 6
Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.67/5  rDev -7.6%

On-tap at the brewpub. Most honey beers are something I avoid, but this unpasteurized version, and given the shortage of bees, is something I would give homage to. Quebec also seems to have an expertise in honey and blending, this with corriander and orange peel both not my favorites but gave it ago. The orange tasted like an essence. Lace, medium mouthfeel. Pretty good honey aroma.

3.75/5  rDev -5.5%

4.12/5  rDev +3.8%

A-Deep copper with a thin tan ring leaving spotty lace.

S-Mmmmm...nice. Sweet honey and corriander spice melds nicely with the bitterness from the orange zest. Wonderful aroma.

T-Dry to start with the orange peel being the primary vehicle. Honey sweetness comes in at the end and the corriander swims in the background.

M-Medium-light body with a nice dry ending.

D-This one is a bit sweeter and therefore better than it's mint cousin. I loved to aroma and wish it could have carried through to the tatse. Still good though!

4.85/5  rDev +22.2%

I have never encountered a beer with a better aroma. If you find your way to this out of the way brew pub, this and the mint/juniper beer are the "must have" beers. It's a bit misleading to call this a braggot because there is alot of malt backbone here. The coriander seeds are also a noticable presence, but the hone (as advertised) is the star here. We went to this place for my birthday, spent 3 hours here trying everything (my wife was driving so I could indulge) and this was the absolute winner. If I could brew a beer like this in my kitchen I would finally fell like I had arrived. The best beer I've had in Quebec since moving here 9 months ago! If you're in Montreal or Burlington, the drive to Chamby is worth it for this beer alone.

4.58/5  rDev +15.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

L’Ensorceleuse from Bedondaine & Bedons Ronds