Bière De Mars | L'Amère à Boire

Availability: Spring

Added by stirgy on 03-21-2005

Reviews by pootz:
4.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap: When I saw on their web site they had a marzen the weekend I would be in Montreal I made Herculean efforts to squeeze this pub in between convention sessions. I’m glad I did. This Marzen is very much traditional and great tasting as well. Poured a glorious orange-copper with a rich puffy cap. The nose fills with sweet, bready Munich malts and the woody musty smells of a good marzen. The prime character of this beer is the body….one literally chews their way through the generous bready Munich malts while the plate is tingled with the herbal-woody tones from the hops…near the finish the hops present light bittering….this beer is Teutonic rapture…4 slid down in no time at all.

Bière De Mars from L'Amère à Boire