Bourbon County Brand Stout | Goose Island Beer Co.

Bourbon County Brand StoutBourbon County Brand Stout

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Added by DrewBeechum on 06-26-2003

#31

Ratings: 12,251 |  Reviews: 2,962

Heaven in a bottle. Outrageous on tap.

Pours a pitch-black with a tiny caramel colored head that vanishes right away. Aromas if extremely rich. Tons of dark, overripe fruits, raisins, plums...vanilla bean, oak, molasses, maple syrup, the list goes on and on. Very in your face aroma and I think I smelled this beer for about 5 minutes before I even took a sip. Tastes is even more jaw-dropping and complex. Initial flavors of overripe fruits ala rasins, figs, and the like. Then steps in HUGE flavors of vanilla, coffee, chocolate, slight oakiness, nutty, roasty, molasses....absolutely phenomenal. This beer has one of the most amazing lingering aftertastes of any beer I have ever had. Mouthfeel is also ridiculous. Definitely one of the top 3 most viscous beers I have ever had as well. I can literally feel this beer coating my mouth. I feel like I have to chew it before swallowing. Light on the carbonation but seems perfect for this brew. Nice warmth in the finish. I cannot stop smelling and tasting this beer, sip after sip...and that;s a dangerous thing at 13%. Definitely one of the most amazing beers I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. I only bought a single 12oz bottle to see if it was worth the price as I am often very skeptical nowadays. But this beer delivers in spades. Time to stock up. I can only imagine what this beer will offer with some years on it. Gawdayum!

I had the 2012 edition. This beer is black! It has been perfectly aged in the bourbon giving a nice deep flavor and a bit of the caramel from the barrel. Highly recommended.

2013>>2014>Black Note

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: Completely black, almost no head and it was brown. No lacing.

Smell: Alcohol, smokey bourbon notes, with coffee and malts in the background.

Mouthfeel/Taste: Smooth, thick and full bodied. Bourbon and alcohol dominate the palate with roasted coffee, malts, and carmel and some sweet cream too, maybe.

Overall: Very warm and complex brew. Well balanced. Excellent sipping beer with charicteristics similar to a fine wine.

Bourbon County Brand Stout from Goose Island Beer Co.
Beer rating: 4.6 out of 5 with 12,251 ratings