Bourbon County Brand Stout | Goose Island Beer Co.

Bourbon County Brand StoutBourbon County Brand Stout

3.77/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.25/5  rDev -5.6%

4.73/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

2008 Bourbon County Brand Stout

A: Deep black, hardly any carb

S: Heaven. Such rich intense aromas of bourbon, chocolate and oak

T: The first sip validated what all the hype is about - this beer tastes phenomenal. Huge bourbon, chocolate, oak, vanilla and espresso flavors. Incredibly easy to drink

M: So thick, so good

O: I enjoyed the 2008 more than 2012 or 2013 which are the only others I've had. All great but the 2008 was special

4.75/5  rDev +5.6%

Best InBev beer out there. By far my favorite beer on tap. I don't care how many times I've had it, if it's on tap, I'm buying it. Most recently I had a 10 oz. at Sunset in Allston, MA. It's always there, and I dont know how often it rotates out but I have to say it never loses it's amazingness, I'm currently aging a bottle I bought last year the day my son was born and look forward to cracking it open on his 1st birthday.... just buy it.

4.93/5  rDev +9.6%

Bourbon County isn't really a beer so much as it is a recruitment tool for the craft beer movement.

There is nothing like giving a 6oz pour to a beer newbie and seeing the expression on their face when they taste a SERIOUS beer for the first time. The complexity and intensity experienced when Bourbon County enters your mouth rivals that of any wine or liquor, and you have no choice but to savor it.

The great thing about Bourbon County is that it was an intense beer before it was barrel-aged, so the bourbon flavor is an added benefit rather than an outsider trying to wrestle control.

WARNING: This beer will ruin most other imperial stouts for you. The only other stout that I've found that competes is the slightly-superior Dogfish Head World Wide Stout.

Pairing suggestion: Have Bourbon County with a piece of rich chocolate cake. I had it with a amazing piece that included peanut butter/cream cheese frosting and it was probably the best thing my taste buds have ever encountered.

4.75/5  rDev +5.6%

Bourbon County Brand Stout from Goose Island Beer Co.