Goose IPA | Goose Island Beer Co.

3.71/5
Good

Goose Island Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
gooseisland.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Our India Pale Ale recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result is a hop lover’s dream with a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, and long hop finish.

55 IBUs

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-01-2002

Ratings: 5,367 |  Reviews: 1,369

Delicious Beer easily my favorite

Amazing beer easily one of my favorites

Best beer ever!

My first and favorite IPA, and one of my top 3 beers. I realize it's a little hyperbolic to realistically give a perfect 5, but I simply looove this one and it never lets me down.

A - rich amber color, thick sticky head that leaves all kinds of lacing down the glass or bottle as you drink

S - instant grassy hop nose, does not mute out the smell of the malt, but lets its presence be known. tiny hints of citrus of all sorts

T - fresh hop start followed by a very good bite, finishes with a bold malt taste with citrusy hop oil spice overlaying.

M - nicely medium bodied, clings to everything it touches and keeps the flavors sticking around for a while

D - I can drink this pretty much anytime I want a beer. have not had a food yet I don't enjoy it with (cheap, very spicy tacos seem to pair the best). undying love and loyalty to this, as well as Goose Island's Honker's Ale. top notch

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

one of the best IPA's ive ever had. not super hoppy but deff an ipa

A well balanced IPA, the malt is not overwhelmed by the hops. An everyday IPA. Since the Anheuser-Busch purchase, a six pack now runs $8.99 at my local store. Still taste the same to me. No need to complicate it, it's just good beer.

Many people I've met who swear they hate IPA's have tried this & love it. Not the typical overwhelming IPA taste. This is by far my favorite IPA. Not too hoppy but still has some kick @ 5.9%. Love it! Needs to be more popular on the west coast!

Goose IPA from Goose Island Beer Co.
Beer rating: 3.71 out of 5 with 5,367 ratings