Goose IPA | Goose Island Beer Co.

Goose IPAGoose IPA
3.71/5
Goose IPAGoose IPA

Goose Island Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
gooseisland.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Our India Pale Ale recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result is a hop lover’s dream with a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, and long hop finish.

55 IBUs

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-01-2002

Ratings: 5,331 |  Reviews: 1,364

it tastes like perfume. i also had an allergic reaction where my entire back broke out with rashes and 4 days later my body still itches. I love beer and I have never had such a reaction to any beer. This is the worst beer I have ever tasted.

1.25/5  rDev -66.3%

1.29/5  rDev -65.2%

Use to be an exemplary IPA, very bland on this tasting.

1.36/5  rDev -63.3%

Definitely top 3 worst ipas on the planet. Unless you love awful lingering bitterness this beer is not for you.

1.39/5  rDev -62.5%

this beer has too much bitterness for me

1.44/5  rDev -61.2%

This has to be the worst IPA I have ever had in my life. Ok, the second worst ipa. The infected IPA I had at GABF was the worst. Goose Island is a bunch of A Holes. This isnt even a British IPA. Worst IPA ever. No hops, no nothing. I dont know what yall were drinking, but I was drinking Coors light. This beer is crap. Chalky, weirdly sweet, with lingering aftertaste of aparocot pits. I can think of 10 other ipas that are better. God this is crap.

1.44/5  rDev -61.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

1.5/5  rDev -59.6%

1.6/5  rDev -56.9%

Awful. How does this win awards. I'm new to this website but beer shouldn't be this bitter. I'm also 59 and have sampled my share over the years. What am I missing?

1.6/5  rDev -56.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

This is a pretty terrible beer. I would say it is almost the worst I've had to date (09-25-16) aside from the Sweet Water 420 Extra Pale Ale. Obnoxiously strong and bitter flavour that lingers for a long time.

1.64/5  rDev -55.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Ordered this at a restaurant and asked them if this was truly the Goose IPA or if they may have made a mistake and gave me the wrong beer.
My wife, who does not like IPA's, tried it and said it was something she could definitely finish (she was drinking Sapporo, being at a Sushi Restaurant).
I asked the waitress to double check if I received the correct beer and she was kind enough to bring me a new one. It tasted the same as the first.
I guess I'm just used to, and prefer, West coast IPA's.
For me, not enough hops. Not bitter enough. Smell? Couldn't decipher.
Would I get again? Yeah, if it was the only beer at a sushi restaurant (next to Japanese Beers), but not if I had the choice between this and other IPA's

1.71/5  rDev -53.9%

One of the worst IPAs I've tasted, unfortunately.

1.72/5  rDev -53.6%

1.73/5  rDev -53.4%

Undrinkable. If you like their hefe then I guess you'll be OK but as someone who loves hops this is sorely disappointing.

If I wanted a fruity macro I would have ordered blue moon.

1.76/5  rDev -52.6%

1.79/5  rDev -51.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

More hops. More ibu's. Meh.

1.81/5  rDev -51.2%

Maybe I'm just not fancy enough.

I bought two 12-packs at a local gas station because they were on sale for $5. Worst $5 I ever spent.

My wife and I LOVE our beer. My wife is British and often says American beer seems watered down to her. She said that Goose Island India Ale taste like skunk butt, and I have to agree.

How anyone is supposed to sit back and relax with a drink that sends you into involuntary convulsions is beyond me.

The worst part is have another 20 to drink.

This drink is best enjoyed when you're already three sheets in the wind on something else and just don't care anymore. It's also great for guest you don't like.

1.84/5  rDev -50.4%

1.97/5  rDev -46.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.99/5  rDev -46.4%

Glad I was able to buy a single from the mix and match section at my local grocery store. Poured into a clear glass it looks clear orange/gold, smell was strangely sweet, sorta citrus but not right. It was shockingly sweet and the minimum carbonation made it very un-refreshing. I can't fathom why this has such high ratings. It feels heavy and the sweet aftertaste coats your mouth. Not sure why they call this an IPA as I didn't detect much hop flavor. I guess if you like really sweet heavy beer, go for it. Not for me.....

Goose IPA from Goose Island Beer Co.
Beer rating: 3.71 out of 5 with 5,331 ratings