Goose IPA | Goose Island Beer Co.

Goose IPAGoose IPA

Goose Island Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
gooseisland.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Our India Pale Ale recalls a time when ales shipped from England to India were highly hopped to preserve their distinct taste during the long journey. The result is a hop lover’s dream with a fruity aroma, set off by a dry malt middle, and long hop finish.

55 IBUs

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-01-2002

3.8

Ratings: 5,244 |  Reviews: 1,344
3.31/5  rDev -12.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.9/5  rDev +2.6%

Decent IPA with a nice hops flavor. Not the best IPA I've had but I'm a fan of hops so I certainly enjoyed this beer. Good if your looking for a nice light abv IPA with medium head and a wild hops flavor. Will be drinking again

3.64/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.23/5  rDev -15%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Drank it from a can. The least favorite of the IPAs that I have tried so far. Has a decent flavor, but the aftertaste was offputting. Would I drink it again? Yes. If I didn't have to pay for it.

4.57/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Fantastic IPA. A fair standard for the style...yes, there are richer and deeper IPA's...yes, there are wilder and unique hops. I know, I know. but Goose crafted an excellent brew here..very satisfying. Love it.

1.64/5  rDev -56.8%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Ordered this at a restaurant and asked them if this was truly the Goose IPA or if they may have made a mistake and gave me the wrong beer.
My wife, who does not like IPA's, tried it and said it was something she could definitely finish (she was drinking Sapporo, being at a Sushi Restaurant).
I asked the waitress to double check if I received the correct beer and she was kind enough to bring me a new one. It tasted the same as the first.
I guess I'm just used to, and prefer, West coast IPA's.
For me, not enough hops. Not bitter enough. Smell? Couldn't decipher.
Would I get again? Yeah, if it was the only beer at a sushi restaurant (next to Japanese Beers), but not if I had the choice between this and other IPA's

2.77/5  rDev -27.1%

Was expecting a better beer. Not very hoppy at all.

look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

3.18/5  rDev -16.3%

4.24/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice Amber yellow with medium head. Smells Piney and hoppy. Some malt taste but hops drown it out in the finish. Smooth IPA for a great price.

3.63/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

P- Poured from a 12 oz bottle,into a Funky Buddha snifter.Bottled on date: 06APR17.

L- Creamy off white colored head that stands 1 finger tall,with good retention and sticky lacing.Crisp gold colored body,with good clarity.Medium amount of carbonation.

S- On the nose I get bright citrus notes,backed by sweet biscuit malts.Trace elements of earth as well.Getting a little bit of honey in there too.

T- On the palate I get grapefruit and floral hops up front,sweet biscuits malt in the middle,and some pine hops and earthy flavors on the back end.

F- The mouth feel is thin with a high amount of oxidation on the tongue.Slightly dry on the finish.

O- This is an okay IPA,not my favorite English style.I probably wouldn't drink it again unless offered to me.Wouldn't recommend to an IPA purist,or a hop head either.

3.5/5  rDev -7.9%

3.23/5  rDev -15%

So, the can reads: "We just want to be the best beer you drink". If I drank Bud Lite & Old German this may the case. Golden amber, mostly clear. Foamy head with streak lacing. Aroma is faint. Grass, earthy and herbal. Hints of citrus and other fruits. Flavor is mostly bitter, herbal hops. Some pine and grapefruit. Not much in the malt characteristics. Very resinous, watery finish, thick mouthfeel. An ok beer considering they were $1.69 for a tall boy.

3.84/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.33/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

2.75/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.24/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.71/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.08/5  rDev -18.9%

A golden amber IPA, minimal head, no lace. Smell is mildly hoppy, with a bit of lemon. The unabashedly hoppy taste is resiny with a long lasting bitterness, and a slightly prickly feel. A typical IPA, I suppose; but I've had better.

3.65/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.81/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.64/5  rDev -4.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.99/5  rDev +5%

A. Clear light amber.
S. Pine, fruity, totally fresh, citrus...
T. Piney, with herbal notes, not high bitterness.
M. Medium body and carbonation. Dry feeling.
O. Fresh beer, good for summer times. I little bit below to my standard IPA beer taste like.

2.92/5  rDev -23.2%

Had a draught pour at De Refter bar in Beijing.
Look: Pours a very clear light amber with a tight head that leaves nice lacing on the glass.

Aroma: Fresh, herbal hops with light citrus.

Taste: The immediate taste is dry and piney, with muddy herbal notes in the background and an almost floral perfume which I wasn't too taken with. Signature IPA bitterness follows but without being too overpowering.

Mouthfeel: Dry, medium body, medium carbonation

Overall: A bit subdued and dull compared to other IPA of similar popularity. Not a bad drink, but I would choose other IPA first given the choice.

Goose IPA from Goose Island Beer Co.