Night Stalker | Goose Island Beer Co.

Night StalkerNight Stalker

Goose Island Beer Co.
Illinois, United States
gooseisland.com

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Added by ClockworkOrange on 02-02-2009

Ratings: 1,820 |  Reviews: 744

Pours a viscous dark black destroyer of all visible light rays hue with a a tan mocha head forming nice and thick, thin speckled lacing that's to be expected at this alcohol by volume right?

Aromatics present to me a strong undermining hop assault complete with dark roasted malt, soy sauce, and dark chocolate roasts. Very green dry hopped approach for a stout but I'm enjoying the rebellion from the norm. I get the dark stuff going on but the green herbal mint leaf hops over riden the average dark imperial stout.

Flavor contains creamy menthol tones with dark chocolate and rich anise black licorice accents. This beer is complex and bitingly bitter with herbal leafy mint ridden hop flavors that I enjoy in the mix of dark espresso, soy sauce saltiness, and rich warming alcohol notes. A bit of plum and dark chocolate dance together with the lingering alcohol flavors, complex and rich American Double Stout.

Mouthfeel is full on full bodied in the best possible way, carbonation is mellow but carries the beer well. One of the best stouts I've come across in the last 5 years. Hop burps in the back of the nares come correct along with a soothing alcohol burn.

Drinkability is wonderful yes, I want more. I think I can drink more, and if I had more I would age more bottles this stuff is rockin', a bad ass American Double Stout from Chitown bring me more. Actually I will have to go back to Columbus, Ohio at Bodega where I procured this fine bottle. Both this and the Brooklyn Sorachi Ace ale were eyein' me up, great place please come again folks. If you haven't been there get to know it when in Ohio.

Night Stalker from Goose Island Beer Co.