English Bitter | Goose Island Beer Co.

Liked This Beer

3.68/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Phocion:
4.38/5  rDev +19%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Had on cask at the Clybourn Brewpub on 10/2/2011. Simply called "English Bitter." Notes from my phone.

Poured into an imperial nonic with a thick white frothy head and a hazy copper body. Very long-lasting retention.

Aroma was nutty and a hint of buttered biscuit. Roasted toffee and light earthy hops were also present.

Flavor, like the aroma, was mildly nutty and slightly biscuity. Sharp earthy/floral hop finish.

Smooth, velvety mouthfeel. Medium-bodied and perfectly carbonated.

Overall, this is one of the better English bitters I've had in the U.S. Amazingly drinkable and fantastic on cask. If only I didn't have a five-hour drive ahead of me, I could have easily sessioned these all afternoon.

3.25/5  rDev -11.7%

3.75/5  rDev +1.9%

English Bitter from Goose Island Beer Co.
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 5 ratings