8th Anniversary Ale | Piece Brewery & Pizzeria

Awaiting More Ratings

Piece Brewery & Pizzeria
Illinois, United States
piecechicago.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-29-2009

Reviews by jrallen34:
4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

I drank this at Piece from the tap.

It pours a dark amber with a nice light tan head. Its got nice lacing and retention.

It smells floral with hops.

It tastes great. It has a nice complex taste that is strong is spicy yet fruity and has a great bitter taste at the end.

This is very drinkable, I drank it all night long.

4.4/5  rDev +8.4%

ESBs to me are usually a Zzzzz style, but I had a feeling that at Piece this particular style wouldn't be boring. And I was rewarded for my confidence - this was a light, well-balanced, but still assertively hoppy ale that was quite good.

Appearance was a light amber, with an abundant tan head. Aroma was sweet, citrusy hop notes. Flavor was more citrus hoppiness well balanced by maltiness. The overall character was a very pleasant but not over-the-top floral, citrus-y hoppiness. Mouthfeel was fairly light and clean.

Sort of reminded me of 2 Hearted, but with significantly more maltiness. Quite good.

I had this on tap at Piece, and would definitely recommend it.

8th Anniversary Ale from Piece Brewery & Pizzeria