Willoughby PDG Porter | Willoughby Brewing

Style: American Porter

Added by Sammy on 01-17-2008

Reviews by adamette:
3.95/5  rDev +8.5%

A dark but translucent with very little head by the time the waitress brought it to our table. Description on beer list says that it has a "mocha head" but I did not see that.
S very nice, complex smell. Not a strong smell by any means.
T Very impressive since it was not just "dark" as a porter but had some interesting tastes of coffee, dark chocolate malts. Description mentions crisp hop finish but I did not experience that as much as the other wonderful tastes going on.
M good, with pleasing bodiness
D I can see having up to 2 of these in an evening and certainly could pair it with the great food at Willoughby Brewing Company.

I was pleasantly suprised by this porter which was one of the most drinkable that I have ever had.

3.48/5  rDev -4.4%

On tap at the brewery. American in that its chocolate. Dark brown with some head and lacing. Some aroma. 30 IBU. Avove average carbonation and medium mouthfeel. Decent and drinkable.I have the impression Larry, who started in October, will tinker with the porters by batch.

3.5/5  rDev -3.8%