Willoughby Blue & Black Stout | Willoughby Brewing

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

Added by adamette on 06-20-2008

Reviews by jeffbearer:
3.73/5  rDev +97.4%

I had a glass of this beer at the National Home Brewers Conference Pro Brewers Night. I normally would not review such a beer in this situation but seeing that this beer only has 1 review so far, and a bad one at that I needed to write something because I really enjoyed this beer.

This beer is a Milk Stout with Chocolate and Blueberries added, It's a pretty wild concept and the flavors worked well for me. In fact I'm naming this beer one of the most interesting beers available at the Session.

1.52/5  rDev -19.6%

poured from tap at Willoughby Brewing Company in Willoughby, Ohio

A Jet black, no light visible through it. I really like the look of this beer. Minimal if any head though.

S Faint, almost no smell. Distant smell of Blueberries.

T Heavy, dark, some bluebery. There is a sweetness along with the coffee grounds taste. I admit that I am not a fan of milk stouts.

M Heavy, harsh, hard to have in your mouth

D Poor. I did not finish my pint and I usually try to at least finish my pint to give a beer a fair tasting but I could not finish this one. I will not buy this again.

Notes: brewer tried too hard with this one. I did appreciate the look of it (no light whatsoever) but the blueberries and the stout just did not work for me.

Willoughby Blue & Black Stout from Willoughby Brewing