Altbier | Willoughby Brewing

willoughbybrewing.com

Style: Altbier

Added by adamette on 11-12-2009

3.83/5  rDev 0%

Live review. From notes at the brewery: A beer brewed in traditions of an "Old" style method, Medium brown with full malty flavor, and yet with a firm bitterness to balance out flavor. 6.75%ABV 20 IBU's.

A Translucent brown, kind of boring looking. 2.0

S Medium malt with a sweetness akin to brown sugar or syrup, some hops. Reminds me of a Dunkel. 4.0

T Nice medium malt toasted goodness with barley and hops taste that balance it out well. I cannot believe it but I fully agree with the description provided at the brewery. 4.0

M Thin, more thin that I prefer but it is true to the style. 3.5