BWCA Alt | Fitger's Brewhouse

Reviews by NilocRellim:
3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

3.75/5  rDev +0.5%

3.98/5  rDev +6.7%

This beer has a rather dark brown yet transparent appearance. I tried a sample and decided to order a pint.

Taste very much leans towards the malt, with a nice, slightly spicy finish. Not a lot of yeast or hops coming through. Drinkability is good... I could see having a couple of these.

4.85/5  rDev +30%

A-Reddish brown...clean and clear

S-Great malty nose...toasted malt is big...definitely some vienna or munich malts in this.

T-Very strong toasted malt quality. It is my favorite malt flavor and this is very good. Hop bitterness is low but it does have a nice clean, dry finish.

M-Crisp and clean....finishes dry, but not overdry. ..on the light side of medium bodied.

D-This is a fine looking, nice smelling and great tasting beer. Probably the best alt I have had. Really leans heavy on the toasted malt qualities which I love but stays true to form in its dry finish and impressive appearance. Some might prefer a little more of a hop impression with their alt but not me. This is as close to a perfect alt for me as there is.

4.89/5  rDev +31.1%

Clear dark bronze body. Thin and creamy beige head. Lacing is quite sporadic. Outstanding alt aroma. Toffee/caramel/nougat base. Fresh yeast. And nuts. Flavor follows suit. Everything is so low key and subdued, yet so distinct. Makes for a very flavorful and VERY drinkable alt. Nougat malt base mixes with tones of pine nuts, caramel and smooth lagered yeast goodness. Body is medium and the beer flows effortlessly across the palate.

This is the shit. (That's the first time I've used that one in a review I think.) Maybe I should say this is the real deal. Reminds me a bit of the old Sherlock's Home alt, which was fantastic, except this is less hoppy. I get way more excited when I discover a great Altbier, Kolsch or Dortmunder lager than when I discover the latest and greatest DIPA or Impy Stout. This would be fantastic around a campfire.

2.4/5  rDev -35.7%

A- A cloudy brown that isn't very attractive but its not bad either, no real activity.

S- Good malt smell.

T- Starts off with good grains but quickly goes to water and a very weak taste not enough to leave you waiting for more just enough to disappoint you.

M- Thin but fine for an Altbier

D- Not enjoyable enough to drink since you have to be in Fitgers to have it and there are so many better beers there.

BWCA Alt from Fitger's Brewhouse