Hoosier Hops | Upland Brewing Company

Upland Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
uplandbeer.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Spring

Added by GreenWBush on 04-04-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by GreenWBush:
3.34/5  rDev n/a

Wow, that's some ugly artwork. This beer commemorates the level of insanity Indiana usually feels during March, but we're not too mad this year with our team losing early. But I digress.

This beer comes out of the bottle a dark, steeped pekoe-tea red with a fluffy and buoyant head. Excellent lacing is observed, likely from the bottle-conditioning and hoppiness.

The nose of this beer catches me way off guard - it is intensely and unrepentantly yeasty, like opening a fresh packet of active dry yeast. Underneath this yeast-blanket I get some fresh hop aromas (citrus) and vague suggestions of powdery malt.

The taste is equally uninspiring, a yeasty mess whose only redeeming qualities are the intense and fresh hop burps at the end.

Mouthfeel of this beer is pillowy and soft. This adds to the drinkability, but I had trouble getting through one (fresh mind you) 12 oz. sample.

I sampled this beer again and found myself more interested in it. Is it simply an American (hoppy) Red Ale with Belgian yeast? Either way, its interesting at least.

Hoosier Hops from Upland Brewing Company