Peach | Upland Brewing Company

Upland Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
uplandbeer.com

Style: Lambic - Fruit

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Formerly Peach Lambic

Added by younger35 on 10-13-2008

Liked:
4.13/5
Alströms:

4.5/5  rDev +9%

My husband and I grabbed this when we were down at Upland over the summer and sampled it 10/23/2011.

I love sour beers, but in the past Lambic's from 'some breweries' (being nice being nice!) have disappointed me due to being way too sweet.

The appearance is gorgeous! Cloudy yellow with some inclusions and a white foamy head, the head quickly dissipates. Smelling it is drool-worthy - a sour citrus scent dominates with a slightly biscuit undertone. I don't get peach from the scent, but I get a sour-sniff of what's to come!

Oh.. the taste... Sour in general to a sour peach, to a very sweet peach nectar. Finishes tingling on the tongue with a sweet lingering peach on the palate. Oh so delicious! Medium carbonation carries the sour and sweet notes both nicely over the tongue.

Lovely lovely lambic, almost champagne like in it's carbonation/sour interplay. One of my favorite fruit sour beers so far!

4.48/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.47/5  rDev +8.2%

They knocked it out of the park with this one. Truly great.

Beer is hazy and dark yellow with a wispy head. No lacing, nice carbonation.

Aroma is super sour, citric and acetic with nice peach notes.

Beer is thin and heavily carbonated on the palate. I really enjoy this beer a lot. It is acetic and lactic, mildly citric or succinic, nice peach flavor, tartness at the back, I really love this beer. I want more more more.

4.47/5  rDev +8.2%

4.46/5  rDev +8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.45/5  rDev +7.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

A-nice hazy yellow/orange color with white head that sticks around awhile
S-very sour smelling with a very subtle peach smell. I don't like peaches but I really like this smell
T-nice sour tartness. Little bit of peachiness and pleasantly suprised with it. Very tart
M-light body and fruity
O-very good beer. Makes my mouth water for more. Cant wait for more lambic.

4.44/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.42/5  rDev +7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Touch of acetone in the nose, but otherwise straight up ripe peach skins. More of the same in the flavirllir with sharp tartness and more huge peach, almost grapefruitish. Fruit lingers forever, puckering a bit. I understand this used to be more out of balance, but this is very under rated currently.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Super sour with peach notes. As with most Upland sours, they are great if you are into very sour beers with a slight fruit presence. This one hit the mark for me.

4.42/5  rDev +7%

Dr. Matt pulled this guy out at his home for a couple of us freaks to enjoy, thanks! Really enjoy this beers from Upland and looking forward to this one.

Poured into my Russian River 'tion' glass and this is a light yellow with a slight peach hue. Goddamn this smells good. Like a goddamn funky wild peach and the taste is just as intense. Tart and sour with some funk and acid. Appropriately carbonated.

I'm a big fan.

4.42/5  rDev +7%

One of many unexpected great sour brews drabmuh pulled out the other night. Thanks Matt!

The beer is a straw yellow hue, with tons of bubbles present. There is very little head to speak of (that's what she said).

The aroma is funky, wild peaches in a barrel on a farm. Lots of 'em. Yeah, that about covers it.

The taste? Funky, wild peaches in a barrel on a farm...seriously. Really tasty beer. One of Upland Brewing Company's better offerings. Fruit and funky sourness play very well together in this setting.

Nice, puckering finish with every sip. Acetic, but not harsh. Smack!

Overall, another delicious fruit lambic from Upland. I'd happily have this again anytime. Definitely recommended.

4.41/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.41/5  rDev +6.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.39/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.38/5  rDev +6.1%

Received one of each of these delicious brews from TheodorHerzl. After I reviewed the Blackberry Lambic I swore I wouldn't drink anymore of these for a few months. Well I couldn't wait, it was freaking delicious. Drank from my Stone India Pale Ale flute while watching New England vs San Diego.

Appearance- Pours a nice hazy orange yellowish that is pretty much the exact color you'd expect. No fizz, no cap and collar and no lacing. Shit... I'm assuming this is WAY under carbonated. Guess I should have waited.
Smell- Like the Blackberry there's not a lot of that crazy funk in the nose like you'd expect. There is a tiny bit of mustiness but it's very light and very pleasant. The Peach is more prominent that I expected leaving a nice ripe lingering fruitiness. Oak and vanilla seems way more pronounced than in the Blackberry which I'm kind of assumed since Peach is a much mellower fruit than Blackberry.
Taste- Yep, hardly ANY carbonation at all. F! The Peach is very prominent and delicious as hell! Lightly sour from the Brett and not as tart as the other Lambic I had. A very light vinegary side though makes sure you don't forget this is a Lambic. It tickles the back of the throat with that familiar acidity. The Peach gets even nicer as this warms and the oak and vanilla really come forward. The finish has that same lingering vanilla woody goodness that the Blackberry did. So awesome!
Mouthfeel- Well since it's not carbonated the body feels really thin and watery and it pains me to give this a lower score than I know it deserves.
Drinkability- I really feel that the fact that this has almost no carbonation probably affected the flavor a bit which is what keeps me from giving it a 5 that I know it deserves. It's remarkably delicious and the Peach is so perfectly potent that I almost can't believe it. If you have a bottle of this you may want to sit on it for a couple months just to be sure it's fully carbonated. My score really doesn't reflect how good this beer is because Mouthfeel and Appearance have to take hit. Huge thanks to Matt for the opportunity!

4.37/5  rDev +5.8%

4.37/5  rDev +5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Peach from Upland Brewing Company