Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Jump N Jack Black | The Rock Wood Fired Pizza And Spirits

3.57/5
Good

The Rock Wood Fired Pizza And Spirits
Washington, United States
therockwfp.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by eballard on 08-09-2006

Reviews by sockeye101:
3.78/5  rDev +5.9%

I always seem to be a bit skeptical of porters, but this one wasn't too bad. Nice deep, rich black color with thin offwhite head that left a nice lace. Smells were sweet with obvious whiffs of chocolate and coffee, nice balance. Tastes were rich with a slight hop and sweetness with rich roasted malts that expressed a nice mocha flavor. Mouthfeel was smooth and slightly creamy, a slight sticky feeling in the aftertaste. Overall a great drink and I'd have another in a heartbeat.

3.25/5  rDev -9%

3.75/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.95/5  rDev +10.6%

Served in a standard pint, the beer is black with a beige head. Note the bits of lacing.

The aroma is of roasted malts brown sugar and oats.

The taste is sweet, slightly roasty. Low backend bitterness.

Smooth mouth but it is a bit thin.

May be too sweet to session, but it goes down easy. I had two!

3.68/5  rDev +3.1%

This beer poured out a dark brown color with a cream colored foamy head. It has a faint roasted smell. The taste reminds me of toasted coffee beans and chocolate. This is defiantly a rich beer. It has a very crisp clean feel that hits the sides of my mouth. It goes down smooth and doesn’t leave too much after taste. I enjoyed this beer when I was waiting for my pizza to come and I enjoyed it enough that it didn’t take long before I was done and needed another beer.

Jump N Jack Black from The Rock Wood Fired Pizza And Spirits