Masala Mama India Pale Ale | Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Style: American IPA

Added by Jason on 01-01-2003

Reviews: 677 | Ratings: 1,354
4.85/5  rDev +11.5%

Thursdays at my house growing up were always reserved for family time. My father would sit and tell us kids stories about the Korean War, while my mother would sit in her chair knitting the ever-present and continually unfinished sweater. Tommy and I would listen intently to my father while occasionally looking over when my mother would mutter an expletive or two while missing a knit or pearl.

The stories my father told were often over the top. Mythic battles. Heroic friendships. I often took them with a grain of salt. Overtime, the stories became more convoluted and began to blend together. My father would tell my brother and I that we would one day become men, whether by war or by experience. It was one of the few things that never changed. Always there, we would become men.

I never understood what my father meant. I was never suited for war and lived a life too spoiled to be hardened by experience. I, unlike my father, spent time in college. I learned through books, not the fog of war.

College was filled with few like-minded people and an overwhelming number otherwise. Parties failed to intrigue me. Straw-colored water flowed into plastic cups, I was lost.

One day I got a call from my father. We talked about my life and my schooling. I told him I could not stand the wasteland that lay before me. He told me of a concoction that would curtail my frustration.

It arrived in a box much too large. The precious liquid, guarded by glass and metal sat before me. I poured it. A little at first. A pale orange copper, billowy white head and pearly white lace greeted me with anticipation.

I put the liquid to my nose and inhaled. I could tell this was a very sweet brew, hops, spices (cinnamon), not unlike a summer day after it rains. Massive earthy aromas filled my nostrils.

Sweetness gives way to spices (cinnamon again?) and massive hops bitterness gives way to a dry, very mild alcohol spiciness. A lingering bitterness on the back of the tongue finishes this one off.
The sweetness of this beer was very pronounced as it warmed slightly. The hops, still ever-present, but the bitterness is somewhat cut by the extremely pleasant sweetness of the brew.

I finally understood what it meant to be a man.

Thanks to FeloniousMonk for hooking me up with this wicked awesome beer.

4.85/5  rDev +11.5%

There are people up in the Twin Cities that worship this stuff. Not just the normal, sit-around-and-proclaim-how-good-it-is type worship, but full-blown, black mass, hood-cloaked, blood-spilling, chicken-sacrificing worship.

To outsiders, it might seem ridiculous.
But once you've partaken, it all makes sense.

I, in fact, have testified before the alter of Masala Mama. The chamber glowed an orange shade of copper. Overhead the air was filled with dirty white, billowy smoke.

The hall filled with pungent hop incense. Grapefruit and pine with toasty malt backing. I expected this. But I was not ready for the fuzzy tangerine embrace that greeted me next.

Blindfolded now, I was thrown into a chair (or perhaps a barstool). I was already a bit compromised. But that mattered naught, it was now time to pay homage to Her.

They poured it down my throat without a moment for me to even brace myself.

Sudden bound enrapture!

Glorious bitter potion!

Malt and hop enchantment. Toasty witchcraft and orange-peel devilry. The finish lingers. For a minute and for eternity.
Branded by pine-fueled bitterness, tinged with grapefruit and resin, I was changed.
I was converted.

My mind swelled with each additional draught. So...right! Ripe oranges, fuzzy peaches, burnt toast and pine sap. Encased in a medium body that screams for gluttony.

Knowing I had fell sway to Her magic, the blindfold was removed, and I stared into the smiling faces of Bighuge and feloniousmonk. Both grinning because they knew they had won Her another disciple, and would be rewarded appropriately.

4.67/5  rDev +7.4%

Ah, the highly celebrated and widely touted Masala Mama. I'd looked forward to savoring this brew for quite some time and I'm now pleased to report that the hoopla (hop-la?) surrounding this beer is well deserved.

Mama pours with a good head of soapy white froth that leaves a superb trail of Belgian lace. The color is a radiant cinnamon. It has a potent hop body that is uniquely able to retain a solid essence of flavor without being overbearing or dense. So while the hop flavor is quite powerful, it is also crisp and bright, never dull or overbearing. My opinion of this standout feature is that the hop vitality is likely derived not merely from a selection of the right hops of exceptional quality in great abundance, but also from the laudable skills of the brewer who is able to combine these ingredients at the right moments and for the proper duration. This would account for a potent vanguard of flavor that floats gracefully across the palate like a ballerina, in contrast to some other "maximus" IPAs that push their flavor like a bulldozer. My conversation with the Minneapolis Town Hall's owner, a young gent named Peter, gave further concurrence to this notion.

I enjoyed a pint of Masala Mama on tap and returned two days later for a pint of the cask-conditioned. The cask-conditioned was served delightfully warm and offered an impressively delicate texture. It seemed I could actually feel the very lace of this beer on my tongue. The flavor was less bright than the tap Mama but still featured a full hoppy taste with a distinctive immediacy, a very relaxed body, and a compelling mouthfeel.

4.92/5  rDev +13.1%

Oh Mama...Mama I'm Comin' Home...Yo Mama Didn't Raise no Ugly beers...too many euphemisms to apply to this one. I received a super fresh growler of the Masala Mama courtesy of a trade with Tavernjef, and I am certainly glad to have tried it, and given that I'm most of the way through the growler, I must have liked it...OK enough banter, on to the beer.
Mama poured herself into my glass a scintillating orange copper/color piled high with two fat fingers of persistent off white foam...and we're not talking lacing here, we're talking full length curtains. Aroma is dripping with fresh hops, I picture myself wading through a fresh mown field on the verge of an evergreen forest...was that pine sap I just felt dripping on my shoulder? Taste is a stealthy assault of bitterness at first before blossoming into true hop glory, with myriad flavors of grapefruit, pine, and green grass. All that hop flavor is packed in without being overpowering or astringent. After getting over the hop blitzkrieg imparted in the first wave, a good sweet maltiness becomes apparent with just a hint of biscuit/Victory malt flavor. Finish brings back the bitterness and stays with you as a silent reminder that Mama's always watching. Body is medium to a bit thick for an IPA but the mouthfeel is smooth enough to make you cry for Mama. Flavors and complexity build as the Mama warms a bit, bringing out orchard peaches and other fruity esters. This stuff would be great on a hot summer day or, well any other time you can get it....damn good stuff.

4.63/5  rDev +6.4%

A beautiful deep golden color with highlights of red and orange, topped with a thick, creamy yellow foam. The aromas of pine and grapefruit rind are floating above the glass, citrusy and resiny. It is medium bodied with good malt structure finishing with a very refreshing bitterness. The texture is sticky with hop oils and creamy malt. The hops dominate the flavor with grapefruit/orange rinds that blend with the malt backbone to give it a bit of spiciness. among the best IPA's I've had. A true hop nectar.

4.92/5  rDev +13.1%

Please allow me to boost this fantastic beer up the charts of the BA Top 50...

I was lucky enough to be able to visit fellow BA AKSmokedPorter this past weekend and he was gracious enough to save the growler he got from feloniousmonk until I arrived. Two small swingtops made their way back to Virginia and I eagerly tapped these two vessels to personally experience this nectar of the (beer) gods.

This lovely brew poured a truly wonderful baked orange color with just a trace of lacing off-white head. The aromas were what you would sense when standing in a pine forest after a heavy rain...thick and weighty on the nostrils, these pine cones wedge themselves into every nook and cranny of you nasal passges to give you a awesome wake-up call. But who knew that grapefruits grew on pine trees? A fresh and brisk grapefruit spray squirts forth from this glass and catches you in the eyes and nose, coating the pine cones in a dreamy mix of hoppy beauty.

Flavor is over the top. There is a honey sweetness that builds the foundation for what will be a glorious ride across your palate. On top of that are about 40 bushels of sweet, fresh Georgia peaches. An amazing addition to the flavor profile. Cast in with these two is some pine sap and grapefruit juice. Bitterness is there, but in moderate levels, as it is balanced nicely by a doughy malt sweetness. Finish is sweet and dry, with another taste of grapefruit right at the end.

Mouthfeel is medium, no fizz in this one...and coating of the palate is fantastic.

Drinkability? Yes. Very balanced, yet each flavor is distinct and plays a vital role in making this beer what it is. It reminds me so much of an Imperial IPA, yet at 5.9% ABV, this is a beer you could shack up with for the whole night, and the next, and the next...

Note: Make sure you let this bad boy warm up quite a bit before you drink this. It was much better and really brought out the complexities of a stellar beer-drinking experience.

To close, I'd like to quote St. Victor from a Monty Python skit:

"This...is fantastic! Oh....this is terrific!"

4.77/5  rDev +9.7%

To quote Christopher Walken in his SNL role as the continental,
"Wowwie, wow, wow, wow!"

There are a few hightlights to note, so I don't want to sound too repititious of all the other substantial and worthwhile reviews.
First, the aroma is wonderful in it's complexity, including grassy, sweet, citrus, flowery and a very fresh essence.
Second, the mouthfeel is sublime. Exceptionally soft, especially considering the boldness of the hops. The carbonation is very fine, as in the smallest bubbles one can imagine. At times this is such a noticable feature that it outweighs the favor.
Finally, the absolute highlight is the intial sweetness of the taste. Temperature is vital as it doesn't exist when too chilled. It starts at the lips and continues half-way through the tongue. It's honey sweet, but doesn't taste like honey. Others have mentioned apricot and mango, and those are closer. It's an unbelievably wonderful sensation. Personnally, as much as I like the finish it's the part I want never to leave.
The middle is a confluence of the ending of the malt and the start of hop intensity. From this point to the end many others can do as well, eg. SNCA, but that's not to minimize how good it is. The finish is hop intensity to the fullest, with less complexity than the aroma. The lingering is eternal. I believe this is the point that others have noted a lack of malt foundation, which may be true, but it's of less importance considering how one arrived at the moment.
Very attractice beer in color, a goldish amber with reddish/orange highlights. Fairly firm head with good lacing marking each drink.
Truly unique and enjoyable experience.
I strongly recommend temperature be considered and at least a growler be sampled (more than I pint at the least). The sublties are extremely important and this "wicked mama" really grows on a guy with experience.

4.57/5  rDev +5.1%

All the west coast IPAs got together and met up in Minneapolis. They chatted, exchanged many pleasantries, but by night's end the weak were sent home and the strong fought to the death. We all know how tough IPAs can be; not one would concede defeat. They all died that night. The janitor, his name Pete, was left to mop the killing floor. Cascades here, Centennials there, Chinooks and their carcasses rotting holes in the floor. He sent everyone home, said he'd close up, and took the mop bucket in back. When folks came to work the next morning they smelled a bready funk in the air. There was a new brewery in town.

With a perfect citric/mango nose that implements all the greatness of West coast hops without ever being cloying or cliche, this smells like a brewer's wet dream.

On the tongue the beer (not the wet dream) is the smoothest IPA I've ever had and, excepting SN Celebration, the most complex. It's Two-Hearted without the butterscotch diacetyl, HopDevil with more body and resin, Stone Ruination without the phenolic bite. Deep with fruity hops, clean, unintrusive yeast, barely noticeable malt, and the right threshold for bittering with a lightly resinous finish, this is the American IPA. Though not as challenging, ultimately, as Celebration, nor as elegant as the British-influenced HopHearty, it's within arms length.

Most impressively, no matter how MM stacks up against other IPAs, there's nothing it can do to be better. Every now and then you get a beer that does what it should do and can convince you, no matter what your taste, that it has achieved its goals. This is one of those brews.

The finish is eternal. The hops are in church choir harmony. And I need to get my hands on their imperial.

Relax, relax.

4.82/5  rDev +10.8%

**Arrived in Champaign on trade from FeloniousMonk**

Pours a dark hazy amber with a medium foamy white head.

Aroma has more going on than most I(1)PA's. Yeah it's got the typical citrusy hops and crisp notes that your average IPA has, but it does have more of them. What sets this one apart from other IPA's I've had is the notes of cinnamon and nutmeg that are hanging out just above the surface. Slightly bready too so its like a snickerdoodle cookie, or a sweet dessert bread smothered in fresh citrus fruit. Wonderful stuff.

The flavor comes through with some great clean crisp citrus fruit and fruit rinds, but that isn't what impresses me. What impresses me is the bready backbone that pushes the flavor and accelerates it.

This isn't what I expected when I went to try it, no way.

This isn't a brew that is satisfied with showing off with all kinds of hops, no she's balanced, she's hip, she's got more going on than you thought she did when you ordered her. She's intimidating all of a sudden, she likes to take charge. Before you know it, she'll have you tied up to a bed with a blindfold on.

Or maybe that's just me.

3.95/5  rDev -9.2%

What we've got here is a bonafide hop bananza

Pours medium clarity and orange...bright orange. not orangish brown, or copper or amber, but orange - the color of the fruit. if you wore this color deer hunting, you'd be legal.
Smell is hops - whole lot of different hop aromas - apricots and grapefruit, but some very bitter varieties also, all of them boisterous, fighting each other, making one big, spicy, fruity hop harmony.
Theres not a lot of flavor "balance" here. this beer is focused on hops. of course, that's not a bad thing. masala is spicy, but enjoyably mellow in the middle, fruity but not that sweet, sharp but smooth...pretty light on the malt flavors. very dry finish. no yeasty "earthiness," or really anything to compete with or take your attention from hops.
Not my favorite, but I understand why it may be yours.

4.95/5  rDev +13.8%

Sampled from a 64oz growler on 3/18 with a best before date of 3/22 fresh from the brewery via the felonious one, too who I am now indebted.

Appearance: Pours a crystal clear pure copper color with a huge off-white, bubbly head. Leaves thick webbing of lacing all over the glass. Even after time and near the bottom of the growler there is a thin covering of head.

Smell: Grass, hops, hops, and more hops. Fuggles, maybe Centennial, and more that I know, but can't quite separate. Scents of pine and musk with subtle hints of citrus and cloves. A plethora of American hop varieties make this beer come alive. Pure aromatic bliss.

Taste: Surprisingly sweet malt in the beginning. Then the hops smoothly slide in and glide through pine and hops into bitter finish with light hint of citrus. Fantastic and wonderful.

Mouthfeel: Sweet, medium body, little carbonation with a sticky finish.

Drinkability: All day, everyday and long, long, long into the night. Hell I'd have this with a spicy omelet for breakfast, in fact I think tomorrow I will.

4.5/5  rDev +3.4%

Uncle Jimbo shared his growler that he received from a fellow BA, I am glad that I was able to try this much talked about IPA. The pour was a very cloudy light apricot. The hops were over whelmingly citrusy...a few discussions of what type they may be, but don't think we came up with any answers (hops beginning with "C"). The mouthfeel is very nice, just medium. I found this a very balanced beer, one of the more balanced ones I've had. What I found intriguing was that the malt, while not sweet, was able to support the hops, which while present, were not bitter. It was easy to drink. I am glad that we had a nice fresh sample to drink.

4.25/5  rDev -2.3%

Sampled from a growler back filled at the brewpub.

This IPA poured a hazy, orangish-amber color with very tall, creamy, off-white foam that persisted a very long time and clung to the glass leaving lace and clumps. The smell was initially fruity hops with some resinous hops, but as the beer warmed a bit of malt came through. The taste was a rich, bitter hoppy flavor with a touch of underlying sweetness from the malt -- fairly balanced, though with the hops dominating. There was not much in the way of floral hop character, but there was an every so slight taste of papery oxidation not atypical of hoppy IPAs. The mouthfeel was smooth, hoppy, and dry with medium body and moderate carbonation feel. The aftertaste was astringently hoppy and long lasting (with some tannins). This was a very nice, dry, very hopped IPA. The taste was much improved when consumed just below room temperature as opposed to cold from the refrigerator. This is right up there with the best of the American IPAs. Thanks to feloniousmonk for this sample!

4.8/5  rDev +10.3%

Masala Mama, like the name. I had a glass of this out of a growler. It was pretty- a nice orangey amber colour with a small head. Apparently the first pour out of the growler had a huge head but I could tilt my glass while my boyfriend poured so the beer was calm. Yes, it was calm. The aroma was mild for what I would expect out of an IPA, but I found that to be a good thing. It smelled citrusy and hoppy. It tasted citrusy as well and hoppy, more towards the end. A bit fruity and malty and very well-balanced. The mouthfeel was lovely too, smooth and medium consistency. Drinkability is good, as I could've had much more of this beer and I dont think i would've gotten tired of it or sick from it. All things considered, this is one hell of an IPA, and one hell of a beer in general.

4.83/5  rDev +11%

This brew is fresh out of a 1/2 gallon grolwer thanks to all-star BA Tavernjef. So, I open the packaged, open the growler, and a loud "swish" sound ensues. This brew pours out of the growler with a medium reddish/orangeish copper colour with an ample head of foam that is as big as the rocky mountains. The aroma of this brew is huge. First there is the huge smell of freshly cut citric and floral hops. Than a lovely, English-like, buttery, biscuity, bready, malty aroma shines through. The taste follows suit. It is big bolshy hops up front, and lovely biscuity malts in the middle. The balance achieved in this brew is excellent. The hops hit first up front. They are bitter, but for a regular IPA, they are not too bitter. The hops are placed in the background when the middle of this brew comes through with the flavors of buttery biscuits, and fresh baked french bread. The hops come back in the finish of this brew, but this time they have been mixed in with the buttery flavor of the malts. The finish of this brew reminds me of the "candy coated" hop flavor in Weyerbachers Hops Infusion. This brew reminds me of what the Hops Infusion would taste like if Weyerbacher did it up right. The mouthfeel is perfectly balanced and reminds me of a pint of freshly pulled cask ale from England. The carbonation is soft, and luxurious, and really makes the flavor of this brew explode on your tongue and in your mouth. The after-taste is dry, but flavorful, and it produces some very heavy hop burps. Nice! The drinkability is perfect, as this brew has just the right abv, aromas, flavors, and textures to make it a reall "all-night-drinker". One hell of a session IPA, they really have to start bottling this stuff. The number one single IPA on BA for a reason, but to me, there are still a few IPAs and 2XIPAs that I like better. Still, if I lived close to this brewery, i'd be a happy camper!

4.85/5  rDev +11.5%

Well I had heard alot about this beer, but I hadn't been to Town Hall since my beer appreciation really got going. Expectations were high for this one and they were met and exceeded. Simply wow. This beer is amazing. The hazy orange color and the citrusy aroma are spot on. The flavor is very hoppy but with a pleasant malt balance. It's just damn enjoyable. Very tempted to give it all fives. I can't wait to have another.

4.85/5  rDev +11.5%

Beautiful hazy orange-amber with a full white head.Fresh,bright,full hop nose.This is the smell of I.P.A.
Take a sip...Full hop attack,citrus,resin,and oh so chewy nice.There is some malt to give balance but this ones all about the hops.Drink in hoppy happy swigs and the flavors bounce all over your head.It lingers and keeps you company if you can wait that long.Sadly some days I get blown away after a couple of these.Yes im proud to be a mamas boy.

I know about the hype from this beer, but it was simply fantastic. It was hazy orange-gold in color, with a white head. Smells of grapefruit, floral, and hops. Big hops and grapefruit flavor, with a nice finish that leaves your lips smacking. Most of the people I was with couldn't handle this, it is only for bona fide hopheads. This is definitely the best beer at Town Hall.

4.57/5  rDev +5.1%

(Thanks to my new friend FeloniusMonk for a growler of this beauty.)
Pours an copper color with an orange/honey tint along with a thick white head. Medium lace that is sticky against the side of the glass. Aroma is all hops 24 hours a day. Wow that is one hoppy beer !. Very floral, resiny and oily. All the classic hop notes of grapefruit, citruc, etc. are present. Almost as if a pouch of hops was opened fresh.
Taste is wonderful light to medium-bodied malt then an amazing hop bitterness rush that almost takes it too far but then stops and finishes with a semi-creamy flavor. The flavors in the beer are almost overpowering but they work in great concert together. Really great beer that is super rich but gets better with each pint.
Really phenomenal beer.

4.92/5  rDev +13.1%

Received as part of the first GIF (Growler-It-Forward).
Pours a deep hazy copper color with a very thick and tall off-white head that slowly recedes leaving behind sticky spider webs of lace. The aroma is apparent from across the room with lots of floral hops with strong notes of pine and citrus. At this point, there’s no doubt that if you love hops, you’re in for quite a treat. Taste begins with an initial sugary sweetness, but that is soon replaced by flavors of juicy citrus fruit, oily pine resins, raw hop tannins, and grapefruit rind that are mouth-puckeringly delicious and leave a bitter coat on your tongue that remains until you take the next sip. Absolutely one of the top IPAs I’ve ever had the privilege to drink. Thanks to BREWER912 for the sample!

4.47/5  rDev +2.8%

Growler from Tavernjef.

This beer poured a copper/amber color that had a slight chill haze to it, but you could see that it was well carbonated. The head that it produced was full, thick, sticky, dense and about 1-2 inches thick and it lasted for sometime before it fell to a slight skim on the surface with a thick ring around the edges. This produced a decent lace along the insides of the glass that were intricate and sticky and when dried had to be scrapped off of the sides of the glass. The aromas that came from the glass were dominated by hops when first poured and cold, but as it warmed additional aromas came through the nose. Smells of flowers, fresh hops, citrus fruit, grass clippings (while cold), as it warmed additional caramels, sweet malts, bitter orange peel, grains, and hints of vanilla were present as well. The flavors were much like the aromas, first cold pour produced fresh hop, green grass, pine, citrus, flowers and hints of malt, as it warmed these additional flavors became present – orange peel bitterness, caramel, sweet malts, more citrus and hops, some grainy dryness near the end and finished off with fresh grass and fresh hops. The aftertaste was of pint trees, flowers and grass. Medium bodied. Slightly bitter, slightly sweet, dry and hoppy all can describe this beer with every swallow. Strong hop flavors are all through this beer but are well balanced by the sweet flavors of caramel and malt. A well-balanced beer in all aspects. IMO this beer is good when it is served cold, but when allowed to warm just a few degrees this beer goes from a good beer to a great beer.

Thanks to Jeff for the Growler and the chance to try this beer.

This beer pours a perfect shade of copper. A medium sized creamy looking egg shell colored head graces the surface. The retention is excellent. Lace patterns are intricate and web like. Eye Candy? Oh yeah. But it gets better.

The aroma is exquisite. The nose blends heavy hop attributes like pine resin, burning leaves, pungency, citric tones and orange rind with an underlying caramel malt sweetness. Makes for one helluva a blend that leaves you breathless.

The flavors subject your senses to more of the same. The caramel malt sweetness and some brown sugar lay down the foundation. The heavily pungent resin attributes are the main course though. I don't think the IBUs are off the charts by any means with this one, but the hop flavors are delicious. Adding to the pungency is a nice grapefruit/orange rind quality. And also some pine sap. The bitterness is nice and appropriate for the style.

The mouthfeel is creamy and the body is about medium-full. I love drinking this IPA. One of my favorites. Thus I give drinkability a 5.

This is top of the line material here. And very consistent to boot. I've had many gallons of this big Mama over the past few years, and have yet to experience a subpar offering (let alone a bad one). This one is tops!!

4.12/5  rDev -5.3%

Hazy, but extremely rich looking copper...nice little frothy head on top...the nose is sweet, fresh and fruity....some citrus but also some sweeter fruits..like a cocktail of grapefruit/strawberry/mango...

The taste is big on the west coast citrus..grapefruit big-time...big juicy hop flavors...very big bitterness...not for the weakhearted...malt is secondary all the way...hops dominate...The mouthfeel is almost slightly unbalanced as the hops overwhelm but what the F#ck, this is an IPA right?? Bitter me up!!

This will be too bitter and hopped up for some..I lvoe it but a little more balance would make this even better..hops heads will love this...good for a pint or two...tough to drink a lot more in one sitting..

4.53/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was my first cask-condition ale, and I gotta say it was amazing. The server brought it out to me and it had a huge cascading effect. My anticipation just grew watching it cascade. It eventually settled to a hazy orangish/bronze color with a thick, creamy tan head. It left excellent lacing while I sipped it down. The aroma exploded with a huge fruity, citric smell. The flavor was full of fresh fruity/citric hops. It left you with a nice bitterness, but not too overpowering. It was really silky smooth; very easy drinking. I would definitely drink this beer again.

4.52/5  rDev +3.9%

On cask at the brewpub...

Huge hazy peach to dark orange color. Carbonation drops and drops in the pint glass like a dense fog over London...sheets of lace. Tight 1/4 inch of foam at the top. Bright and sweet mandarin orange hoppy aroma. Super flavors, marmalade and peach derived from hoppiness and balanced by a mid mouth sugary malt backbone. Velvety mouthfeel, slight balsamic aftertaste. Outstanding combination of smell, flavor and mouthfeel...silky, but challenging. Wonderful rendition of an IPA here...this is a fine brewpub beer, one of the best local India Pale Ales you can find as a Minnesota resident or visitor...one of the world's finest beers? No, that's pimpin' and the power of an active imagination mainly -- but it is a very good entry and a nice placeholder for Town Hall...

Masala Mama India Pale Ale from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery