TC Porter | Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
Minnesota, United States
townhallbrewery.com

Style: American Porter

TC Porter our latest Coffee beer made with the freshly roasted Twin Cities Blend from our friends down the street at Peace Coffee.

Added by kbutler1 on 02-04-2011

Liked:
4.41/5
Alströms:

Reviews by GeezLynn:
3.99/5  rDev -9.5%

A; Dark mahogany with a tall, bubbly cream-colored head. Impressive retention.

S: Deep chocolate and caramel malt with light coffee. Pretty close to fresh brownies. Wonderful.

T: Quite a bit different than the aroma. A big dose of bitter coffee over a light roasted malt. A touch of sweetness in there but none of the rich cocoa that was in the aroma. Finishes roasted and slightly dry.

M: Somewhat thin and a little heavy on the carbonation.

Admittedly, I'm a fan of bigger porters. But after that smell I was disappointed in the flavor. Could use more chocolate malt flavor in my opinion, but definitely a beer I could enjoy anytime of the year - maybe even more so in the summer.

4.49/5  rDev +1.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

This beer pours a black/brown color. The head is a half inch in height, and recedes quickly into minimal lacing. The aroma is of coffee with a hint of roasted malt, but mostly it is of fresh latte. The taste is more porter-like with a lot of roasted malt, and a bunch of coffee adding nice complexity. The mouthfeel is medium bodied with appropriately low carbonation, and a silky, creamy texture. The mouthfeel of this beer is one of the best I have encountered in a beer. Overall, this is a really, really good beer that I will surely drink again if given the opportunity.

4.39/5  rDev -0.5%

Pours a very dark brown with a tiny bit of white head. Before I can even look more I smell fresh roasted coffee. Wow.. its like being in at a roaster. Incredibly nose on this beer. Tastes pretty solid. If it tasted as fresh as it smelled this beer would be epic but the tastes isn't QUITE there. Its still a very solid coffee flavour. Great mouthfeel and very drinkable. I'm very impressed with this brew... I mean beer

4.54/5  rDev +2.9%

This one courtesy of avrjunk. Cheers mate!

A-dark brown and maroonish when held to light. White head that quickly disipates
S-fresh roasted coffee
T-alot like it smells. Smooth coffee and roastiness
M-medium body and smooth with a nice coffee aftertaste
D-very drinkable. Taste gone in no time

Prolly the freshest coffee smelling beer I have ever had. Very nicely done.

4.49/5  rDev +1.8%

A - lovely reddish brown, crystal clear, no head really. Second pour yields a bit of tan head bit thins to a ring very quickly

S - amazingly fresh coffee ground smell. I can't believe this is possible.

T - fresh coffee, chocolate background. Dark sweetness and raoated malts. Wonderful.

M - a little thin and flat, but good.

D - nearly perfected. I've got no reason to put this down.

Draft. Poured into a nice pint glass a dark brown/black color with a a darker tan thick tan head. Nice aroma of dark roast coffee and chocolate. Nice subtle and smooth coffee flavors with a nice medium mouthfeel. Slight leather flavors. Not overly bitter. A really nice coffee beer. Nice lace. Essentially, this is the same beer as Parkway Java Porter they make for Town Hall Tap but I think they use different coffee.

TC Porter from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery