Palm Buster Blonde | Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Minnesota, United States
townhallbrewery.com

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Availability: Fall

Light colored Abbey style ale brewed using Thai palm sugar.

26.1 IBU

Added by JackieTH on 09-19-2012

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

3.57/5  rDev -1.4%

Palmbuster Blonde Ale, Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

"Palm buster"? What kind of name is that? Has something to do with the pakm sugar in the recipe, I'd guess. A lot of other Belgian-y ingredients, too. I forgot to take notes at the pub. Next time.

so, let's look at it. Clear, amber color, small head, gone quick.

Aroma: Sweetness at the start, not just from sugar, but Belgian yeast, as well. Some banana and bubblegum. Nice.

Taste: minor hops, creeping sweetness, crisp malt, lean body. Light, consumable, toasty malt character, with long lasting Belgian flavor. Hop bitterness rides on top, for an interesting interplay.

I liked this, it's an easy drinker, and has adequate flavor, but...adequate only goes so far. Bit lean to really go rah-rah over it. I'll finish my growler and move on.

4.04/5  rDev +11.6%

Initially had this at the 2012 Autumn Brew Review. Was intriguing enough for me to pick up a growler this afternoon.

Poured golden with a fleeting white foam head that disappeared completely leaving no lace. Nice color, anyway.

Smells like delicious banana pudding and bubblegum. Nose is filled with tons of ripe banana.

Taste has ripe delicious bananas and bubble gum, much like the smell. Mildly sweet. Akin to eating a banana pudding. Very very slight spice that I can detect. Mild hop bitterness cuts the sweetness. Bubblegum finish, slightly sweet, thirst quenching. Medium light body could stand up a little better. Adequate carbonation gives a little zing.

Overall a banana pudding and bubble gum festival. Tasty, but could use a bit more substantial body, and perhaps complexity, although I plan on enjoying this growler. It's sessionable no doubt in my mind.

Palm Buster Blonde from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery