Pacific Jade | Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
Minnesota, United States
townhallbrewery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by morimech on 08-22-2013

3.25/5  rDev -19.6%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

3.5/5  rDev -13.4%

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

3.75/5  rDev -7.2%

3.99/5  rDev -1.2%

This beer features another hop I have not had before, Pacific Jade. The beer is amber colored with one finger of head that had good retention. Moderate amount of lacing is left down the glass. Nice hop aroma of citrus, floral, and herbal. Just a hint of bready malt. The flavor is quite hoppy with citrus, herbal, and peppery notes. Dry malt character with little flavor influence. Also quite bitter and could be classified as an IPA. IBUs are unknown to me. Just a tick shy of medium bodied with good carbonation which MTHB never disappoints. I prefer this Pacific Jade over the darling of the beer geek world, Citra. A very enjoyable beer.

A- pours a slight hazes golden color with a 1 finger white head
S-citrus and dank hops floral notes with nice bread/malt smell
T-follows the nose very tasty with citrus burst and floral hops good balance of malts
M/O-medium carbonation flavorful very good PA

4.5/5  rDev +11.4%

A really flavorful pale ale with a lot of hop character. This reminds me some of Toppling Goliath Psuedo Sue in its hop flavor and hop forwardness. It had a ton of citrus up front but also that catty characteristic I get from Psuedo Sue as well. My first foray into a beer with Pacific Jade I think and I like what I am tasting and smelling.

Body is medium....nice biscuity malt bone that never jumps out but meshes well and really serves its purpose.

This is really top notch.

Pacific Jade from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery