La Blonde De Ré | Bières de Ré

Style: Belgian Pale Ale

Added by BoitSansSoif on 08-28-2010

Reviews by BoitSansSoif:
2.89/5  rDev 0%

New offering from this brewery that I picked up there in July. Best by May 2011. Batch 48. Drank from brewery's weizen glass.

A-Pours a hazy gold-brown color. Head sprang to rim of glass in about a half-second. Thick white head and decent retention. Lots of brown yeast in suspension despite gentle pour and proper storage. When I poured the last bit into the glass it formed a head with brown flecks on the top that reminded me of a cappuccino with sprinkled cocoa powder.

S-Sweet malty overtones, honey, chestnuts, faint bitter almond, faint red apple and a multitude of fruit esters, clove and other spices, hint of booze.

T-Hard to pick up all the subtleties when the carbonation is so potent. I searched for hints of contamination due to fizz (not a gusher but still the fizziest beer I've had in some time) but found none. Fruity with apple, faint apricot and berries, a sweet malty backbone and plenty of spice. The finish is slightly dry and bitter, and the aftertaste is a little warm and pleasant.

M-This beer was so carbonated it nearly ruined an okay beer. Otherwise, balance is okay.

D-Potentially great beer but their are some kinks to work out. The flavors are on, the nose is interesting, and I will grab more next time I'm in the area.

La Blonde De Ré from Bières de Ré