Queen Mum | Shoreline Brewery And Restaurant

3.6 w/ 13 ratings

Shoreline Brewery And Restaurant
Indiana, United States
shorelinebrewery.com

Style: English India Pale Ale (IPA)

Added by Indybeer on 06-11-2006

Liked:
3.6/5
Alströms:

Reviews by WoodBrew:
2.44/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Long live the Queen....but I am not so sure about this Queen Mum IPA. True to the name, this real Indian Pale Ale was brewed to match the tradition of getting beer to the gents stuck in India. Let's just hope the boys enjoyed it more than I did! The color was copper and was clear. There was no head or smell. The tastes was strong or grain and malt....some hop to try and balance. This beer was very rough for me and I do not think I would order it again.

3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Hazed amber with a good forming head that laces well.

The aroma is sweet with floral hops taking center stage. Earthy hops finishes and all support with a pale malt.

The hop bitterness hits first, a hop taste linger while sweet malt comes in to balance. The finish is earthy hops

Carbonation is lite on the tongue and builds a medium body but finishes lite.

Pretty drinkable EIPA

3.98/5  rDev +10.6%

Had this last night at the brewery.

A- Poured a light hazed amber/orange color. Big 2 finger dirty white head on this that stuck around for a little while. Good lacing left on the sides of the glass....some was thick. Not a bad looking beer but not the best I've seen.

S- Light malt sweetness underlying this beer I thought. Floral hop overtone to this one. Some earthy scents in there that go along with the hops...a little grassy smelling. Nothing to over the top here but just a simple smelling beer. Works well with it.

T- Nice bitter crisp hop bite to this upfront. A sweeter malt backbone makes this beer quite balanced and well very enjoyable. I enjoy this earthy tone that this beer has and I can't quite put my finger on it. Whatever it is it makes me keep going back for more sips right away.

M- Nice light-medium mouthfeel. Good carbonation levels make this beer just float right over the palate. Leaves a nice bitter quality on the palate long afer it is gone. Light bitter aftertaste in this one as well.

D- This is a highly drinkable IPA that I see myself drinking more and more of when I come back. It is a good IPA nothing outstanding up very well made. With all the over hopping and extreme beers being made in this catagory it is nice to sit back with a well balanced and well made IPA.

3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

3.27/5  rDev -9.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

4.01/5  rDev +11.4%

Had this Saturday evening at the brewpub. I gave it a low score for appearance, because it was very cloudy, almost looked like a Hefe Weizen. My wife even thought it looked like a Blue Moon. Was thrown off by that. The beer however was pretty hoppy, yet extremely balanced. Tasted like a traditional IPA, very true to the style. Drinkablitly was extremely high, as I could imagine this as a nice session beer. Would be a great IPA, had its apperance not been so misleading.

All in all, if you are a fan of IPA's, Id give this a shot. Not dissapointing at all, yet nothing outstanding.

3.75/5  rDev +4.2%