Exponential Ale | Shoreline Brewery And Restaurant

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Shoreline Brewery And Restaurant
Indiana, United States

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by alleykatking on 06-16-2010

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 15
Reviews by PhilMiller:

4.14/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.08/5  rDev +4.1%

Had on tap at Shoreline.

A- Poured a golden yellow color. One finger white head that showed medium retention overall. Some light streaky lacing on the sides of the glass while I was drinking.

S- This one is bursting with citrus hop aroma. It made my mouth water while I was smelling the beer. The malt was a little on the biscuty side but is hard to tell because of the citrus hops.

M- Big bursting citrus hops in the overall beer. I like this as it almost reminds me of certain west coast beers. The biscuty malt in this makes a good backbone for the overall beer. All you can really taste is hops hops and more hops.

M- Medium mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style. Hops make a mess of the palate and leave everything coated in a hop bomb resin. Even the alcohol in the aftertaste has a stong hop flavor. Crisp flavor but a little one sided.

D- I had no problem drinking this one fast. Well maybe a little too fast. The flavor is a little on citrusy hop side but I didn't mind. Shoreline is a fantastic under the radar brewery who is slowly becoming one of my favorites in the area.

4.07/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Drove by Shoreline yesterday and had this on draft. Liked it enough to get a growler. Following review is from the growler. Poured into a shaker pint.

A- Removing the top of the growler made a "pop" sound followed with some fizzling. Pours a clear golden color. Moderate pour produced a finger worth white head that has little retention. Head turns into a fine lattice of lace. Minimal lacing on the glass.

S- Explosion of citrus hops. Getting a bit of subdued grapefruit meat with orange peel. If there is any malt, I am hard pressed to described it. Maybe a biscuit smell, but that is overwhelmed by the plethora of hops.

T- BOOM! Like biting into a red ruby grapefruit. Bitter on the front and a minute less bitter going down. The biscuit malt is probably responsible, but the bitterness laid a smacked down on my palate making me cry "uncle!" Lingering bitterness afterwards that is pleasant.

M- Medium body with right amount of carbonation to highlight the hop profile. Not a beer that makes you pucker, but as close as possible.

O- This is the first Shoreline beer that I have been blown away by. The smell is underwhelming, but the taste makes up for it. If I hadn't help finishing the growler, I am sure I would have done so on my own. The abv is high, yet doesn't detract from the drinking experience. Only regret is I don't live closer to the brewery.

3.68/5  rDev -6.1%

A: orange, clear, thick foamy head that dissapates. Its pretty appealing.

S: Citrus, fresh, inviting, but sadly not as strong as expected. Usually Citra-hopped APAs make me wish I could buy a candle of it... this one is a bit weak.

T: orange & citra notes are present, but not shining through. The bitter notes are nice & tiny malty flourish at the end. I just noticed, its 7.2% ABV, and the alcohol is untracable.

M: Smooth from start to finish. No problems with aftertaste, carbonation, or density.

O: Not bad at all. Its a solid APA, with some nicely added citra qualities. I suggest a pint next time you're here

3.52/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.59/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Exponential Ale from Shoreline Brewery And Restaurant