Founders Breakfast Stout | Founders Brewing Company

#89

Ratings: 16,774 |  Reviews: 3,860

3.75/5  rDev -16.9%

4.63/5  rDev +2.7%

On principle, I am hesitant to rate a beer as perfect. This is the tastiest stout I have ever had. Is it the best? I am not sure, and the only reason I'm not sure is that there are still other beers out there in the world that I haven't tried. It pours heavy, no head and minimal lacing, into a tulip glass (next time I'll use a snifter). It tastes sweet, and bitter, and chocolatey - I sense coffee, but on my palate the chocolate is more present - and heavy. Like I really could have it for breakfast. And by God the next time I don't have to work and my kid is already at daycare, I will have one for breakfast, and by then maybe I'll decide it truly is the best stout ever.

3.75/5  rDev -16.9%

4.75/5  rDev +5.3%

Bottled 9/23/15 so only ten days old. Poured into a snifter. Deep black color, two fingers of dark head. Coffe aroma right off the bat, chocolate playing backup. Taste the same as it smells. Coffe is dominant, but not overwhelming. No bitterness or acidity from the coffee. Can tell it is a very high quality coffee, so it's dominance is happily welcomed. The fullness from the chocolately malt rounds it out very well. Nice, heavy mouthfeel without being to syrupy. Very clean aftertaste, not one single off flavor. Just a lingering, mouth watering savoryness, making me want more. Definately much better than last years. Possibly due to the freshness of this one. Perhaps the best beer I have ever had. This one is perfect in my book. 5's across the board.

Founders Breakfast Stout from Founders Brewing Company